• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Gun 2

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
View attachment 34768
How about the Fleet GOAT?

A bit of trivia: Because Admiral King was so late in his career (and life) when he earned his wings he was less than optimal as an aviator. He was required to have a 2nd in command on all flights (I can't remember if this was because of the airframe, his lack of hours/proficiency, or because the DoN recognized that he was likely to kill himself in the air) and many refused to fly with him a second time.

There's a shot of Rooster in the backseat of a Tomcat as a 5th gen bad guy (SU-57?) falls away behind them. Not too far of a leap to guess Mav and Rooster both get shot down, and find an old bad guy F-14. "you know how to fly this old man?" They get in, kick ass, but then get another compressor stall and Mav loses it and starts talking to Goose again.

Called it here boys.

Please, no spoilers. :mad:

Why did we think polo shirts under flight suits was a thing back in the day? (I'm guilty of it btw)

Because they're cool. You airdale types should bring it back. The Navy needs more swagger. Just like Admiral King and his pocket square:
1424287575269.jpg

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The aviation geeks have gotten into the TG2 universe giving us this…

Wow….his almost 20 min review reminded me of many of our threads at AirWarriors….so many rabbit holes.