• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Gun 2

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Yep, sure was. Mary Poppins (1964) to Mary Poppins Returns (2018). My 10 year old daughter loves watching the "extra features" commentary.
Oh damn....I am old, I saw the original in theaters. Check again!

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Winner for Disney, right? It wasn’t really 54 years between Poppins movies?
Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)ciou came out in 1997 and Mary Poppins movie was 1964, so that's only 23 years between Mary Poppins and Shary Bobbins (the "do a half assed job" nanny). Sure, certain Poppins purists (heh heh) will tell you that Shary isn't "canon" just like the Star Wars nerds argue over the cartoons. I just ask that you make your own informed decision.

jmcquate

Contributor
Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)ciou came out in 1997 and Mary Poppins movie was 1964, so that's only 23 years between Mary Poppins and Shary Bobbins (the "do a half assed job" nanny). Sure, certain Poppins purists (heh heh) will tell you that Shary isn't "canon" just like the Star Wars nerds argue over the cartoons. I just ask that you make your own informed decision.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Show me a Star Wars nerd that argues over the canon-ness of the cartoons. Abut the only thing holding the Star Wars fan base together right now is Feloni, Favereau, and the love of bringing the cartoon characters to live-action.
I did have just have a, "is thrawn canon?" discussion.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I did have just have a, "is thrawn canon?" discussion.

I'm just hoping Kennedy can finally be removed so we all can continue to have such a conversation. Right now it looks like the whole franchise is about to implode, no thanks to her.