• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Gun 2

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
TG2 subplot: Tom Hanks will make a cameo as an old, wizened, former adversary pilot with almost mythical status in the fighter community. According to legend, he would fly shirtless with only his lucky volleyball and his dogtags. Once during an exercise, he went below the hard deck to take the shot, but by doing that he hit the real deck. He somehow survived the impact but there was almost nothing left of the plane. SAR couldn't find him and he had to spend months in the wilderness (survival kit was nowhere to be found and you can't do much with a volleyball and dogtags). In the end he was finally found by hikers, but he was never the same after that.

(Because that's how it goes for Tom Hanks in every aviation movie...)

Hair Warrior

Contributor
TG2 subplot: Tom Hanks will make a cameo as an old, wizened, former adversary pilot with almost mythical status in the fighter community. According to legend, he would fly shirtless with only his lucky volleyball and his dogtags. Once during an exercise, he went below the hard deck to take the shot, but by doing that he hit the real deck. He somehow survived the impact but there was almost nothing left of the plane. SAR couldn't find him and he had to spend months in the wilderness (survival kit was nowhere to be found and you can't do much with a volleyball and dogtags). In the end he was finally found by hikers, but he was never the same after that.

(Because that's how it goes for Tom Hanks in every aviation movie...)
Replace Tom Hanks with Dolph Lundgren or Jet Li and you’ve got yourself an action movie.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Replace Tom Hanks with Dolph Lundgren or Jet Li and you’ve got yourself an action movie.
"I've seen things
You people wouldn't believe,
MiG-28s on fire over the Indian Ocean,
I've watched C-beams glitter in the Taiwan Strait ["Taiwan Strait" is omitted in the Chinese market release of this film and "Baroque fjords of coastal Africa" is substituted with an overdub]"