• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Gun 2

Sonog

pilot
I think the Hollywood types have figured out that the theater cash cows are not pulling in the expected revenue and Hollywood is taking huge losses. With COVID-19 Delta variant raging, they will continue to delay releases to get the most bang for the buck on their investment. (TG2 152 Million budget)

Optimist in me says they are thinking they created something really special, and its fully worth the costs of continued delays. They've been doing a pretty good job of keeping lots of details about the movie on lockdown. The two trailers have a lot of commonality and don't give away too much of the movie as well.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Optimist in me says they are thinking they created something really special, and its fully worth the costs of continued delays. They've been doing a pretty good job of keeping lots of details about the movie on lockdown. The two trailers have a lot of commonality and don't give away too much of the movie as well.
I want to know what permissions they needed for Mav's jet to be lugging a Paveway on the VR-1355 . . .

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Iceman is one of those Star Wars force ghosts, like Yoda and good guy Anakin, except Val Killer will be replaced by an unknown actor who will also be photoshopped into TG1 flashbacks.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Iceman is one of those Star Wars force ghosts, like Yoda and good guy Anakin, except Val Killer will be replaced by an unknown actor who will also be photoshopped into TG1 flashbacks.
Does that mean Top Gun Episode 7 will be a cheap-ass knockoff of the first one, using F-35s and Iranians in place of F-14s and Russians, while loudly claiming that it's not a blatant knock-off but just an homage? Asking for a friend.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Does that mean Top Gun Episode 7 will be a cheap-ass knockoff of the first one, using F-35s and Iranians in place of F-14s and Russians, while loudly claiming that it's not a blatant knock-off but just an homage? Asking for a friend.
I think Kansas City BBQ could make a sort of Mos Eisley cantina.

#cougarshotfirst

What I'd really love to see is some Hill Valley High Class of '55 schwag on Stinger's desk or on the shelves in his office.