• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tipsy Gypsy Leather Patches

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
From the Uniform Regulations, section 6803 Flight Clothing:

http://buperscd.technology.navy.mil/bup_updt/508/unireg/uregMenu.html

(2) Brown Leather Jacket.
Naval aviators, pilots, flight officers, undergraduate pilots, NFOs, and flight surgeons, Aerospace Experimental Psychologists, and Aerospace Physiologists may wear the leather flight jacket with flight suits, Service Khaki, Working Khaki, Winter Blue, Winter Working Blue, Aviation Working Green and Navy blue coveralls. If wearing Aviation Working Green, the option is provided to wear either the flight jacket or the green uniform blouse. Eligible enlisted aircrewmen, E7-E9, are authorized to wear the leather flight jacket with flight suits, Service Khaki, Working Khaki, Winter Blue, Winter Working Blue, Aviation Working Green and Navy blue coveralls. Eligible enlisted aircrewmen E6 and below are authorized to wear the leather flight jacket with flight suits, Utilities, Winter Blue, Winter Working Blue and Navy blue coveralls. Only direct point to point transit is appropriate when the flight jacket is worn to and from work with working uniforms (excluding Navy blue coveralls, which may be worn in immediate working spaces only).
Close zipper at least 3/4 of the way when worn.

Not authorized with Service Dress Blues.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Huh, that sucks. The SDBs always looked sharp, but they looked even better when you wore the leather jacket w/ it.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
gatordev said:
Huh, that sucks. The SDBs always looked sharp, but they looked even better when you wore the leather jacket w/ it.

Personally I thought it looked kind of weird seeing a brown jacket with all that blue . . . but to each his own.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I guess what I liked is that it looked less shoe. I hate wearing SDBs more than khakis, so if you can make it a bit more aviator friendly...

highlyrandom

Naval Aviator
pilot
See above...I didn't want to be right, was just trying to justify the leather jacket coolness. Of course I'm not even going to get one for another 8 months, or whenever I become a Naval Aviator for real and get to "demand" it of the Jacket Mafia at NASP. Ah, primary...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
highlyrandom said:
See above...I didn't want to be right, was just trying to justify the leather jacket coolness. Of course I'm not even going to get one for another 8 months, or whenever I become a Naval Aviator for real and get to "demand" it of the Jacket Mafia at NASP. Ah, primary...

Talk to the supply office at your base. The one at Meridian is really cool and has managed to smack down the jacket mafia and get us our jackets.

HelluvaWreck

"Sure thing...when pigs fly..."
As a fashion-sense-challenged engineer, I maybe shouldn't be one to talk. But I'd think that the leather jacket with SDB's would look pretty tacky...

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
I still like the look of it, but a year and two months later I am still waiting for my patches ... have e-mailed him several times with no replies ... what a drag!

The Stinkster

Now who do I blame?
pilot
Websan, just looked at your patch order....looks great. LOVE the "underground" 4 patch you went with. Classic! Still the one I wear on my green jacket out here. Gonna have to get some of the leather when my new jacket gets here. Looks great. My green jacket will probably have to be replaced if I go back to the CP world tho....getting pretty "Winnebego'd" being in the current job and all.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
Webmeister...you putting the Navy Patch on your right and the flag on your left?
Just curious...I have seen the Leather American flag, but not the Navy patch like that...
I put the P3 patch and the American flag on the jacket, looks great.

KSUFLY

pilot
The new leather jackets are REALLY cheap looking. I think if I was going to spend the money for the nice leather patches I'd probably order a new jacket as well from a dealer. When did they start supplying the current issue jacket? Anyone know?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
The new leather jackets are REALLY cheap looking. I think if I was going to spend the money for the nice leather patches I'd probably order a new jacket as well from a dealer. When did they start supplying the current issue jacket? Anyone know?

I got one of the new jackets shortly after they started giving jackets out again. That was in May or June of 05.