• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tipsy Gypsy Leather Patches

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
damn shipmate, that's a hell of a put down from fellow JOPA...plus, I think you're a bit closer to the lobotomy than I am :)

I guess I deserved the shipmate.

The little blackout block looked so small, I couldn't think of anything else you would be covering up.... just bustin' your chops.

How much did your whole setup cost?

Pags

N/A
pilot
I guess I deserved the shipmate.

The little blackout block looked so small, I couldn't think of anything else you would be covering up.... just bustin' your chops.

How much did your whole setup cost?

it's just small enough to cover up what little bit of my real name you could see...busting chops is all good. I think all 3 patches cost $120 if I remember correctly, plus the cost of getting them sewn on.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pags, how much did they charge squadron patch alone? Did they charge a setup, art, or whatever fee? Did they have a minimum order as well?

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
I want to say I had to charge the wardroom $35 for each piece to cover setup, art, and the patch. That was for 50 of them.
I also "expedited" the order so that could've upped things a bit.

Certainly no more than $35 each, and once the die is made, you can re-order at any time.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'll have to poll the aviator wardroom onboard the ship and see if anyone is interested. That CV67 patch was SH.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Pags, how much did they charge squadron patch alone? Did they charge a setup, art, or whatever fee? Did they have a minimum order as well?

If I recall, there was a onetime setup fee like Hozer said. I think I paid $45 for the squadron patch. Mind you, I didn't set up the order, just gave my money to the man and enjoyed the final product.

Tipsy Gypsy

A bit late on the draw here..

Nice, though myself and some other people I know are still waiting on orders from 2 years ago.
Hello there,
If your still waiting after that long- something went way off in left field - If theres anything I can do to fix it for you (or anybody else) Ill give it my best shot or lose a leg trying . Call or email and lets find out what happened,
Cheers
Gypsy

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Tipsy Gypsy, great to see you on the forum. Thanks again for the great patches you made up. They look great on my flight jacket.

For those of you that don't know, Tipsy Gypsy is a home run business that makes quality patches. They are worth the wait. There are other leather patches out there also. Just depends on what you want to get.

I have emailed and corresponded with him over the years, and found him to be very helpful. If you previously put in a request, take him up on his offer and get your patch.

John

robav8r

None
Contributor
Recently, I ordered a new leather squadron patch from Tipsy Gypsy. Today, I had the opportunity to pick it up from their secret lair here in Orange Park and to actually meet "Ed" and "Scribe" I even got a tour of their facility. Ed and Scribe were awesome and explained their patch creating operation to me. Anywho, they are in the process of increasing throughput efficiency and attempting to meet customer deadlines earlier than expected. Thanks for the tour Ed !!!

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Holy thread resurrection, Rob.
Buy a watch dammit. We're one FO short.:D