• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tipsy Gypsy Leather Patches

East

东部
Contributor
Pre-ordering is one thing (like a goal as in to stay motivated), already wearing them would be a felony!
Waiting list can last till 19 months as soon as the 100th order is in...

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thats HOT! Would it be bad karma to order a nametag even if we havent been winged yet? I dont want any of that bad luck that so many ppl talk about. Are there no stores that you could walk into and order these cool leather patches? Or is it all at this website?

Depends on how superstitious you are. I sure as hell wouldn't have ordered any set of wings before I was complete.

BTW, if you EVER said "That's HOT" in my ready room, I'd ridicule you and make you the butt of every joke for the next 6 months minimum.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Update!

Got an email from Ed at Typsy Gypsy:

John,
Thought you might like a heads-up , The Individual list just maxed out and I have 28 slots open on the Squadron list - Ill be closing down again Monday at 15:00 - Ill take whatevers on the server until then -Should open once more before the year ends - pretty sure I wont have such a long wait time on this list.
Take care,
Ill keep you posted on the order.
Ed @ TG
So, those of you guys in Squadrons, better bring it up at the AOM!!!

Also, for those of you on the list earlier, and maybe changed emails, etc. Recommend dropping him a line, and get reconnected. FYI -- I fell in that category BTW, and Ed was great with getting me back in the que. Teaches me to use my airwarriors.com spam ridden email address, lol!!

And before everyone freaks out, I deleted a bunch of posts in this thread that went off topic... good stuff, don't get me wrong, but I want to keep this topic on track.

John

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
John,
What constitutes the "individual list" as opposed to the squadron one? We've got 3 new guys checking in this next week, but we have already received our squadron/nametag patches from TG. Does he mean individual name tags, or just individual orders are already maxed out?

East

东部
Contributor
Yes he did indeed.
Also did some emailing back & forth where he responded very quickly to!
He told me he got some orders which were cancelled and could squeeze mine in. Guess I was lucky last week, as #'s were approaching 100.

I have everything I need for production - I had some empty space on another order and put your tag in - Ill let you know something soon as its ready - couple days.
Ed

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
John,
What constitutes the "individual list" as opposed to the squadron one? We've got 3 new guys checking in this next week, but we have already received our squadron/nametag patches from TG. Does he mean individual name tags, or just individual orders are already maxed out?
Kmac, looks like Ed is running two lists, one for the individual person ordering, and another on for squadron orders. You can read his statement on his news page:

http://tipsygypsy.7p.com/news.html

21 October 2005

The Individual Order List is full and the Squadron List has 28 slots left -Im going to keep it open till Monday 24 Oct at 15:00 .
- Thank you for all the orders and support.
We've been working thru two years of backorders and have made quite a dent. There are many people We've been unable to reach -I will schedule orders for these lost souls as we re-establish contact- If you've slipped thru the cracks please email before signing up on a new list-It will save you time and get you right on the active work schedule
New Squad Orders -I have 28 slots: Email us with "Add (Squad name)"In the subject line
- New Individual orders - List is full but Ill take your Order if your email is on the server by 15:00 Monday 24 Oct : Please put" Add One "in the Subject
Note: You can order single patches from anything we have in the set up file but I wont be able to make a brand new design for a one item order (10 piece min order for new designs please).
If you wish to be Included on either list Email me ASAP @ Tipgypsy@bellsouth.net

More Later

Appreciate your service to our country
and your support for the Gypsy.
V.R.
T.G.
I would imagine that you are out of luck for individual orders, unless someone cancelled theirs, as mentioned above. But, seeing as how your squadron had already had an order filled, maybe can get it added. I honestly do not know, just a customer like you.

But, got to take in mind, that Typsy Gypsy has limited supply (ability to make the patches) to meet the huge demand from us. Recommend patience, you will be VERY happy with the end product, high quality and sharp looking.

Varmint, I can only imagine how many emails Ed at Typsy Gypsy is going through now. You will get an email along the lines "You made the list" etc, if you put your invidiual order in last week. That is generally how it goes.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, and Wilma isn't knocking on your door.

John​

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Yeah, I put it in on the 10th, so I e-mailed him again to confirm that he got the first order.

With any luck the volume of e-mail just got him a little behind on replies ...

Glad you posted this thread or I'd have missed the list for sure.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
But, got to take in mind, that Typsy Gypsy has limited supply (ability to make the patches) to meet the huge demand from us. Recommend patience, you will be VERY happy with the end product, high quality and sharp looking.

You're absolutely right about the quality. Our top two PR's (self-designated) are expertly afixing the masterpieces to the G-1s. A friend of mine has one of the Oxford Leather jackets with the new patches (see thread: http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13210&highlight=leather+jacket) ; it's very impressive. My G-1 is on order. My typsy gypsy patches are here. The two shall soon meet.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
examples

Here's the front of my jacket, with Tipsy Gipsy stuff. Keep in mind, these patches are about 2 years old and have loosened up considerably. When you get them, they're super stiff, almost like coasters.

Attachments

• wings.JPG
    wings.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 521
  • squadron.JPG
    squadron.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 535

Pags

N/A
pilot
Was just digging around the internet and found these guys at www.flightjacket.com who also make leather patches. Seems like there turn around time is a bit shorther than what the tipsy gypsy seems to be getting. Does anyone have any experience with this company?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
For those that are interested, got an email from Ed at Tipsy Gypsy, and he sent me a picture of the patch I ordered, and a new patch they finished. I guess I am getting an early Christmas present, since my patches are on the way!

Ill email you just before the list opens again - still working thru email from the list opening - Its taking me time to answer questions and look things up for people - I thought you might like a peek at one of your patches - Photo's attached - We just made a new Officers crest patch thats not bad at all - pics attached -
Take care,

Absolutely top notch work, can't wait to put them on my leather jacket. For those that missed out on this ordering, or weren't ready to order yet, Ed is going to email me when he opens up the next list, and I will put out an announcement on the forum.

John

Attachments

• VP4-OLD.JPG
    VP4-OLD.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 451
  • OCREST.jpg
    OCREST.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 394