• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

THIS is what I REALLY fly! (That's an E-6B, not EA-6B!)

jugg34naut

pilot
Afternoon ladies and gentleman,
I'm currently in primary and getting ready to start thinking serious about selection. Is there any further information on this forum that I can be directed to regarding the E6? Many fruitless searches later I'm still wondering about life in the E6 community, deployments, family life, pros and cons, and later opportunities. The E6 guys/gals in my squadron are few and far between. The tidbits of information that I have gleaned only make me more curious.
Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks.

brownshoe

Contributor
web_030429-N-9999Z-001.jpg

030429-N-9999Z-001 Cecil Field, Fla. (Apr. 29, 2003) -- An E-6B Mercury is being moved into a Hanger at the Boeing Aerospace Support Center, Cecil Field Fla., to be retrofitted with a new cockpit and an advanced communications package. The E-6B is a dual-mission aircraft capable of fulfilling either the E-6A mission or the airborne strategic command post mission and is equipped with an airborne launch control system (ALCS). The ALCS is capable of launching U.S. land based intercontinental ballistic missiles. U.S. Navy photo. (RELEASED)

Oh my God! That's my old home, hangar 67 at Cecil (just noticed this photo in this old thread). Used to be a bunch of A4's, TF9's, AD's, F8's and A7's parked around there. ;) Sorry for the thread-jack... now back to your regularly scheduled web browsing.:)

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
get in touch with @e6bflyer
Thanks. We chatted about the good and the bad. This community has its ugly side, but three years in the training command and two years on the boat taught me that it is a pretty good place to be. I have been gone six months, so my information is getting less relevant by the day, but anyone who has any questions about it, feel free to ask.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Oh my God! That's my old home, hangar 67 at Cecil (just noticed this photo in this old thread). Used to be a bunch of A4's, TF9's, AD's, F8's and A7's parked around there. ;) Sorry for the thread-jack... now back to your regularly scheduled web browsing.:)
That photo was taken at Cecil when we took the airplanes down there to have the cockpits ripped apart and the 737 displays put in. The tail wouldn't fit in the hangar so it was removed and the plane was put in sideways. When we got the planes back they didn't work at all. Eleven years later and most of the wrinkles are ironed out. Of course, now we can't do LNAV approaches anymore. Thanks Obama.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That photo was taken at Cecil when we took the airplanes down there to have the cockpits ripped apart and the 737 displays put in. The tail wouldn't fit in the hangar so it was removed and the plane was put in sideways. When we got the planes back they didn't work at all. Eleven years later and most of the wrinkles are ironed out. Of course, now we can't do LNAV approaches anymore. Thanks Obama.
The President messed up your instrument approaches? Seems a little busy for that.

brownshoe

Contributor
Funny thing.... all the shit worked at hangar 67 when I was there.;)