• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Officer Recruiter is in...

Falcon91

posted this in the Supply corps thread...was directed here instead. Basically just finished up my packet with SUPPO, AMDO and SWO as top three choices. My officer processor said that the SWO board has already closed for this year. My question is if supply corps is my number one and AMDO is my number two choice, can they still submit the packet for the Supply boards? or will they have to wait until the SWO boards open back up as well.

Graduated in may 2014 with BBA degree. 3.4 GPA and 45 OAR

Thanks!

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
posted this in the Supply corps thread...was directed here instead. Basically just finished up my packet with SUPPO, AMDO and SWO as top three choices. My officer processor said that the SWO board has already closed for this year. My question is if supply corps is my number one and AMDO is my number two choice, can they still submit the packet for the Supply boards? or will they have to wait until the SWO boards open back up as well.

Thanks!

Just some food for thought:

I sat through an AMDO community brief last week that was conducted by CDR Haas, the chairman for the 1520 OCS selections board, and he stated that there are zero quotas for this Fall board and to expect for it to be cancelled. He says that NRC refuses to cancel the board although he wishes that they would so that applicants can hold off and prepare their applications for the spring board in February. I had AMDO as my #1 choice on my application and have changed it since then mainly due to the fact that I plan to PCS at the end of the year. Take it FWIW but I'd consider re-thinking your options. I'm sure that there's a couple recruiters on here that would agree.

Falcon91

I did not know that. I appreciate the information though. I might need to call up my Officer processor and talk with him about that. Im really gunning for supply though. the only thing im not sure about is the SWO boards being closed for this year and if i can go ahead and submit my packet as planned.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Thanks!

Can you tell us more about yourself? Are you prior enlisted? If so which branch/rate? As for SWO, boards are still going, especially with the new FY rapidly approaching.

exNavyOffRec

Just some food for thought:

I sat through an AMDO community brief last week that was conducted by CDR Haas, the chairman for the 1520 OCS selections board, and he stated that there are zero quotas for this Fall board and to expect for it to be cancelled. He says that NRC refuses to cancel the board although he wishes that they would so that applicants can hold off and prepare their applications for the spring board in February. I had AMDO as my #1 choice on my application and have changed it since then mainly due to the fact that I plan to PCS at the end of the year. Take it FWIW but I'd consider re-thinking your options. I'm sure that there's a couple recruiters on here that would agree.

Fall AMDO board cancelled, not like that hasn't happened before, I believe of all the time I was an OR AMDO really only held one board per year no matter what was scheduled.

Falcon91

Can you tell us more about yourself? Are you prior enlisted? If so which branch/rate? As for SWO, boards are still going, especially with the new FY rapidly approaching.
Absolutely. Im 22 Male. Non prior enlisted. graduated university with a degree in business administration. 3.4 GPA, strong work history and volunteer experience as well as LORs. I believe the next step my processor said was for Medical processing. scored 45 on OAR as well.

Im currently working through my recruiter based out of NRD Charlotte and Im in the middle of the process. recently went through officer processing and signed all necessary NASIS documents and forms. But my processor notified me that SWO boards were closed until the next opening for the new FY. Was just curious about how long until the new FY opens up and or if my packet would have any problems getting through.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Absolutely. Im 22 Male. Non prior enlisted. graduated university with a degree in business administration. 3.4 GPA, strong work history and volunteer experience as well as LORs. I believe the next step my processor said was for Medical processing. scored 45 on OAR as well.

Im currently working through my recruiter based out of NRD Charlotte and Im in the middle of the process. recently went through officer processing and signed all necessary NASIS documents and forms. But my processor notified me that SWO boards were closed until the next opening for the new FY. Was just curious about how long until the new FY opens up and or if my packet would have any problems getting through.

The GPA is fine, but the OAR score is a little bit on the low side. If you're really set for SWO and for some reason (have no idea why SWO is closed when myself and my OR team submitted 2 applications this month) retake the ASTB to make yourself more competitive. As for AMDO, my experience has been unless you're prior enlisted or have some sort of aviation maintenance history, it's a very slim chance to get selected. Hope this all helps.

Same thing for Supply that I said for SWO, OAR score is on the low side. I would also reccomend getting a professional interview with a Senior Supply Corps Officer (O-5 and above) to help out if possible.

Falcon91

thank you for the response. I know my OAR isn't stellar but my recruiter gave me the green light to submit my packet earlier this month. Worst case scenario, Ill just retake the OAR if I don get it the first time around. But ive heard the board looks at more of the whole person/ well rounded individuals. But we will see. I will be sure to update as I go along with the process. Thanks again for your time.

water808

I posted this in the Supply section, but just found this thread and thought I might get an answer more quickly here...

I've read that prior service can get an age waiver for Supply. I am active duty USCG about to turn 30, is it possible I would be eligible for the waiver? I have been in for a year.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I did not even know that I was going to be sworn in... I was told to come in and sign a few papers. After that was done, my OR was like "ok, you ready to swear in?" I was in a tee, shorts, and gym shoes. It was pretty causal with just me, two OR's, and my processor taking pics on my phone. YMMV
Howza 'bout posting your phone pic(s);), so we can be stunned by your awesome casualness!:p
BzB

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
I posted this in the Supply section, but just found this thread and thought I might get an answer more quickly here...

I've read that prior service can get an age waiver for Supply. I am active duty USCG about to turn 30, is it possible I would be eligible for the waiver? I have been in for a year.
Yes, since you are active duty you can qualify for an age waiver for the Supply Designator... Be mindful that age waivers are granted at the discretion of the OCM (Officer Community Manager) for the prospective designator you are applying for... Supply Corps age waiver's for Active Duty are only granted up to the age of 32. Good luck with your package and OCS journey.

uncdude33

Active Duty applying for SNA/Intel. I am working on getting Officer interviews and cannot get a definitive answer concerning whether or not the interviewer needs to be AD. I have a couple lined up that are not, and before going through the process wanted to know if they would even be usable (one Reserves, one retired). I also have a couple AD, but wanted to get some feedback on the others. Also, would LORs from O2s be valuable at all? Officers in other branches? I know interviewers must be 03 or higher, but cannot find specific criteria for LORs. Thanks in advance for any help anyone is able to pass along.

FormerRecruitingGuru

I would ask your recruiter as to what is protocal at your NRD/location, mine was slacks and collared shirt, but I was at HQ, I do know some OR's in the field would tell guys to show up in whatever.

Besides the swear in I didn't really care what attire my applicants come in. I would say that most came in a shirt and pants for the initial interview with the recruiter

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
Besides the swear in I didn't really care what attire my applicants come in. I would say that most came in a shirt and pants for the initial interview with the recruiter
I wore a suit when I met with my recruiter and took the OAR. First impressions and all that jazz...