• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Growler Gallery

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What's optimum about Mach 1.8? (beat me to it)

And where did they get their numbers for that?

It's the optimum airspeed to destroy the pods you're carrying. G model isn't going to be spending a whole lot of time above .86.

Brett

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
hmm, so that's the F-18 i cut off on Charlie the other day... It sure did look shiny!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I thought the E/F topped out at M 1.6.....so I guess this is proof that the little propellers on the pods actualy do work!

pilotvmi

I'm going to start the Prowler FRS fairly soon. Whats the latest word up at Whidbey for current pilots or those going through the FRS relating to the transition to the EA-18G?

MSkinsATC

pilot
450whidbey_growler.jpg

here is another pic!

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
450whidbey_growler.jpg

here is another pic!

"It sure is nice but why do you have the torpedo mounted backwards?" This question was asked of me at an airshow" For all of you potential Electronic Attack guys, you will be able to take a "Growler" beginning at the latter half of this fiscal year. Sorry Devil Dogs, you will be flying the "Family Truckster" until 2015. Interesting thing about this pic, beautiful new airframe but looks like the same ol pod.......Frumby

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Interesting thing about this pic, beautiful new airframe but looks like the same ol pod.......Frumby

They are. Just GFE for the new jet as a cost measure. Saw lots of drawings at one point about updates but its just same old same old right now.