• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Growler Gallery

STLEngineer

pilot
The electronics changes and slight changes to the wing tips to carry the ALQ-218 may make it enough of a change to call it a "G" (but I don't think it is). It is still less of a change to the aircraft and systems than the A-C change was, but it is semantics any way you look at it.

There's already a EF-18A... in my opine, the "G" could easily be called the EA-18F

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow, that article was really poorly written. That said, the first crews will begin transition in < 2 years, so this is exciting for everyone. People entering the pipeline today will be selecting G models by the time they're winged.

Brett

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
We were told that there was a chance we could select growlers upon winging (April/May '08). Good thing I like the hornet.....

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Anybody know if the Marines are getting the Growler to replace our EA-6Bs ... or are we gonna keep flying the few we have till they fall out of the sky? I havnt heard anything about it ...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anybody know if the Marines are getting the Growler to replace our EA-6Bs ... or are we gonna keep flying the few we have till they fall out of the sky? I havnt heard anything about it ...

Surely you jest.

Brett