• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Flight Jacket Thread (wearing/buying Leather, NOMEX, WEP jackets/patches)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm proud of your mom, that doesn't mean I want to get a tattoo of her on my a$$.

Pride...the original sin.

ea6bflyr said:
I don't know if I agree with the last statement; I've known several students that saved other's lives in the jet. Just because you have wings, doesn't mean you know it all.

I have wings...I know all! Superior pilots avoid situations that require there superior pilot skills.

I'm certainly glad SOMEONE is taking care of my mom. Also good to see she finally lowered her standards.

Good job on the spelling there, sport.

dictionary said:
there |ðe(ə)r|
adverb
1 in, at, or to that place or position : we went on to Paris and stayed there eleven days | [after prep. ] I'm not going in there—it's freezing | figurative the opportunity is right there in front of you.
• used when pointing or gesturing to indicate the place in mind : there on the right | if anyone wants out, there's the door!
• at that point (in speech, performance, writing, etc.) : “I'm quite—” There she stopped.
• in that respect; on that issue : I don't agree with you there.
• [with infinitive ] used to indicate one's role in a particular situation : at the end of the day, we are there to make money.
2 used in attracting someone's attention or calling attention to someone or something : hello there! | there goes the phone.
3 (usu. there is/are) used to indicate the fact or existence of something : there's a restaurant around the corner | there comes a point where you give up.
PHRASES
been there, done that informal used to express past experience of or familiarity with something, esp. something now regarded as boring or unwelcome.

dictionary said:
their |ðe(ə)r|
possessive adjective
1 belonging to or associated with the people or things previously mentioned or easily identified : her taunts had lost their power to touch him.
• belonging to or associated with a person of unspecified sex : she heard someone blow their nose loudly.
2 ( Their) used in titles : a double portrait of Their Majesties.
ORIGIN Middle English : from Old Norse their(r)a ‘of them,’ genitive plural of the demonstrative sá; related to them and they .
USAGE 1 On the use of their in the singular to mean ‘his or her,’ see usage at they . 2 On the differences between their, they're, and there, see usage at they.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
So you're the one coddling this silly notion that SNAs/SNFOs (and even NAs/NFOs?) are not blood-bound to flaunt their brown leather accouterments at every [regs legal] opportunity from the moment of their 13XX designator conception? Thanks for telling my peers they don't "rate it" or they aren't "good enough yet."

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
You spelled "their" wrong. You spelled it "there". Unless you didnt spell that wrong. Then you used the wrong word. See above definitions

Batman97862

Banned
Unless you're a Naval aviator you have no bone in this fight, no say what so ever. That means STFU, you, boneheadman.

All NFO's...OFF, SNA's...OFF, Marines...OFF; Unless you're a single anchor....you're done.

There, their, they're.....grammar, not spelling, go back to 5th grade english

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
All NFO's...OFF, SNA's...OFF, Marines...OFF; Unless you're a single anchor....you're done.

There, their, they're.....grammar, not spelling, go back to 5th grade english

Whiskey.
Tango.
Foxtrot!

spicoli-fast-times-ridgemont-high-surf-no-dice.jpg

"Ha ha, Batmans' a fag!"

Batman97862

Banned
Yea, Man....you know what I'm going to do, as soon as i'm a student. I'm going get my furry collared jacket, put my name tag and wings on it, put on my dress white pants with khaki shirt, some flip-flops, unzip the fly, hang my cock out and go to the clubs in P-cola. Wearing uniforms any way I want is navy tradition and my god given right, forget the regs, screw those guys that try to enforce them...and the hell with those NATOPS types that try to tell me how to fly the jet. I got a leather jacket...I'm a god. I fly anyway I want. VFR/IMC I don't need rules. I just can't decide if I want to crash a MV-22 flying VFR in IMC or I want to put a fighter in Davey Jones's Locker? It's a hard call. Go get 'em Maverick....sport.

MasterBates

Yea, Man....you know what I'm going to do, as soon as i'm a student. I'm going get my furry collared jacket, put my name tag and wings on it, put on my dress white pants with khaki shirt, some flip-flops, unzip the fly, hang my cock out and go to the clubs in P-cola. Wearing uniforms any way I want is navy tradition and my god given right, forget the regs, screw those guys that try to enforce them...and the hell with those NATOPS types that try to tell me how to fly the jet. I got a leather jacket...I'm a god. I fly anyway I want. VFR/IMC I don't need rules. I just can't decide if I want to crash a MV-22 flying VFR in IMC or I want to put a fighter in Davey Jones's Locker? It's a hard call. Go get 'em Maverick....sport.

This post makes me feel bad for Huggy and Hacker for possibly having guilt by association with this asshole.

This partially illuminates a difference in USAF vs USN culture. If their manual don't say you can do it you can't. If our manual don't say you can't you can provided you use sound judgment.

And some of the USAF pukes thing we are "Reckless Cowboys" for having judgment to use.

And your G-1 and Brown Shoes with Khakis is good judgment. Unless it's hot. Then leave the jacket at home.

I'm about to wear my AWGs to work tomorrow just because I can and it would make the Batman happier than the Riddler sticking his staff up his bat-hole.