• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Flight Jacket Thread (wearing/buying Leather, NOMEX, WEP jackets/patches)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Thanks A4s...remember this stuff well. Oddly, something just reminded me of that poser.
Appreciate your legwork in ridding this forum of that guy.

And BigIron ... let's give credit where credit is due.

"Big" was the real ferret ... the "digger" ... the wolverine ... the rabid tree squirrel .... the Jack Russel Terrier, if you will. Not to be confused with Johnny Walker or Jim Beam, of course .... :)

I was just the Captain; the "idea-man"; the lazy delegator who has gained much experience and practice over the years looking at something and saying: ........ "I like" .... or ........"I don't like" .... and in this case, I looked at Skeeterman and said .... "that's B.S. , let's kill him". :)

I just confronted the poser because I like a good fight .... when am I ever gonna' grow up???

81996231tp8.jpg

airfrogusmc

I know the guy that sent you that PM. Allot of us over at the other forum believed Skeeter though there were times I wondered but cut him a ton of slack because of his age and his (self proclaimed) history.

airfrogusmc

Foster G-1 7823C/Aero AN6552

Heres a couple of photos of an origianl Irvin Foster G-1 7823C from the mid 1960s I picked up on ebay a few years ago.
IMG_7603.jpg

IMG_7604.jpg

And here are some photos of my Aero AN 6552 thats almost a year old.
Its not a bad reproduction of a WWII Navy flight jacket. Great goatskin. Anyone looking for a great repro Aero would surely fit the bill.
IMG_7606.jpg

IMG_7609.jpg

IMG_7608.jpg

IMG_7607.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Would that they issued jackets of that quality these days . . .

MasterBates

Yeah, I got a real leather one in 2001, but I am on the second set of cuffs. And they need to be replaced again.

Anyone know a good place to change them out? The PR's at my fleet sqadron would not touch it, and the local place that did it, did not do a good job.

KSUFLY

pilot
Yeah, I got a real leather one in 2001, but I am on the second set of cuffs. And they need to be replaced again.

Anyone know a good place to change them out? The PR's at my fleet sqadron would not touch it, and the local place that did it, did not do a good job.

Check out here. I think it's about $35 + shipping.

I hate the POS they issue today. It's really a disgrace when they can't issue quality gear.

airfrogusmc

Heres the real winners in my opinion when it comes to G-1 type flight jackets. Lost Worlds 7823, Real McCoys 422a, Aero Leather AN6552
Or just get an original before the 7823E models. The older ones are goat with mouton colllars.

Viper 01

This is my first post here. I am not an Aviator and I have to say that I was completely taken in by Skeeter over on the VLJ forum. The good thing that has come out of it for me is that I have found this forum.
Steve :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is my first post here. I am not an Aviator and I have to say that I was completely taken in by Skeeter over on the VLJ forum. The good thing that has come out of it for me is that I have found this forum.

Welcome aboard!

Brett

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard!

Brett

Now that dust is settling on the saga of Skeeterman, it appears the unintended consequences are cross pollinization between AW and Vintage Leather Jackets, a topic near and dear to many, if not most, of the AW faithful. Welcome aboard to all the VLJ gang. HJ

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!

Welcome,
I think there were quite a few of us unwashed that were fooled by skeeterman. It took someone that had been there (aka A4's) to know that he had not. :)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Welcome,
I think there were quite a few of us unwashed that were fooled by skeeterman. It took someone that had been there (aka A4's) to know that he had not. :)

He reminded me a lot of our friend "Snort". Once he was brought to our attention, his posts in total were questionable, but there wasn't a glaring post that was a dead giveaway. I think Skeeterman really believed it after awhile and now I have visited VFJ, it appears he was sorta like "their" A4s (no offense intended) and they all looked up to him. I think he may have actually believed his own story after a bit or was in so deep after YEARS of concocting and spreading his story (based on his brother-in-law's real Naval Aviation career) he couldn't back out. Borrowing on a bit of Korean War vintage fiction "Where do we get such men?"

airfrogusmc

Its the internet bro. You can say this and that and become whatever you want. I want to thank everyone here for the warm welcome to all us VLJ folks and the good thing that came outta Skeeter Gate was we found our way over here. He had me fooled but I cut him a bunch of slack cause he was old and if he was indeed a combat pilot in Korea I owed him my respect. Thanks again everyone.
S/F
Allen