• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Flight Jacket Thread (wearing/buying Leather, NOMEX, WEP jackets/patches)

airfrogusmc

If your not a really large size there are plenty of original G-1 7823-7823Ds, 55J14s, ANJ3a, AN6552s, M422a's and M422 on e-bay for usually better prices than most repros. But Real McCoys New Zealand makes a very nice M422a and Aero Leather Scotland makes a killer AN6552. (These are WWII Navy flight jackets that were early G-1 type Navy flight jackets).
I picked an original G-1 7823C from the mid 1960s in a size 48 up on e-bay a while back and its a great G-1. Nice mouton and really grainy goatskin.

brownshoe

Contributor
I'm sure he's out spreading his lies on another web site. :icon_rage

One Saturday it was raining, I had nothing to do, so I goggled him. (I know… I gotta get a life.) On a fishing site he’d joined just a few months back he said he was a retired naval aviator, with 24 years service. On another site he’d said he had 30 years service and retired as a captain. Here’s the site where I’d cached his profile as it read back before he was called out by A4’s. The second link is how it appears now, after A4’s called him out.

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache....cfg+skeeterman+navy&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=4

http://www.bassfishingnetwork.com/c...embers/skeeterman.usr&config_file=default.cfg

Steve

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Jeez, I wonder how Skeeterman is doing...:confused:

Well .... since you asked nicely ..... reprinted with permission of the author and our own Web-Kahuna ... 2 days old .... portions deleted for privacy.

A4s.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi, A4sForever,

My name is ********* and I'm one of (the) moderators on the Vintage Leather Jackets forum.

I'm 60 years old and my main claim to fame is just living this long.

My involvement in the jackets is as a civilian pilot and aircraft owner for the last 35 years - nothing related to the military although I have to confess that I've always wanted to be a military pilot.

Skeeter is a member of our forum and has presented himself as a retired USN Captain and naval aviator for as long as I can remember. Some of his posts were complaining bitterly about imposters wearing military jackets and uniforms and trying to pass themselves off as originals - at the time I thought the protests were a little too much.

A while back - maybe two / three months back I received a PM from him about being harassed by a member of the Air Warriors group and if that person applied to our forum would I see that he didn't get accepted - all our memberships are manually done by me.

At the time I joined Air Warriors, just brushed the surface and then didn't return as it is for the military fraternity and not wanna bees.

Didn't pay any heed until yesterday when one of our members posted that a Skeeterman had been defrocked - for want of a better term - so I tried to follow some of the threads.

Your name appeared and it was you who Skeeter had mentioned - and I see by a few of the posts that you questioned his validity.

The Skeeterman / Skeeter pics of his jacket hanging in his house is the same on VLJ as AW - so I'm presuming it is the same person.

If I'm not imposing too much could you fill me in on the Skeeter / Skeeterman story - I couldn't figure it out from the posts but I'm surmising that he is not what he claims. The reason for this is nothing vindictive but more to have a handle on how to manage our posters who are bona fide military members or retired members.

Actually I feel saddened about this as someone's life is so unfilled that they have to rely on the experiences of others to feel fulfilled. Moreso saddened that they ruin they reputations of the people who risked everything to get the job done.

My dad was a tailgunner during WWII in the RAF and I'd hate for someone to be be claiming what he went through when all they were was a wannabee.

Sorry to be so long winded but I really didn't know any other way to explain this.

BTW - if you'd rather reply using email - my email address is *********** As you can see I have a Canadian address - I'm located in ******** Canada.

If you wish to check me out - join our forum - Vintage Leather Jackets -

http://cornellsurgery.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/index.php

Thanks for listening,

MasterBates

I think I am going to proclaim the greatness of Farah's later tonight. Any takers for a Corpus Pub-Crawl...

I need a sober buddy to comply with CTW-4 Policy (I WISH I was kidding)

H60Gunner

Contributor
I'm there!

I think I am going to proclaim the greatness of Farah's later tonight. Any takers for a Corpus Pub-Crawl...

I need a sober buddy to comply with CTW-4 Policy (I WISH I was kidding)

I'm all over it! Be there in say 20hrs or so?? You NEED a good Chief to participate in a pub crawl with you.:D