• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board Meeting on 6 OCT

otejay

From what I've heard, the amount of time to receive the FINSEL is dependent on SF86 or security clearances and Medical.

That makes sense. So if both my medical and sf86 are in, according to my recruiter, I should be hearing soon?

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
Sounds like having that 45 is truly a must. Just found out my kit for SWO was withdrawn even though it was accepted by the processor with a 43... Guess it's time to hit the books and retake the OAR. Anyone got a good study materials?.

It has been about 10 years since my last algebra class so I was about as dumb as they come with that stuff. My advice is to study everything and take the tests, eventually timing yourself. Google practice guides--there are many free ones--and if you buy one, get the e-version to save money. I studied ~5hrs/day for 2 1/2 weeks. Anyway, good luck, hope you get it. If I remember the exact study guides, I'll let you know (they're in storage now), but what I described was method I used.

Bluecore

I phoned my recruiter today, and did confirm that I was selected! :) I am so excited at the opportunity. I'll admit that SWO was my second choice and I am still hoping to be selected for SNFO, but the pressure of being selected or not selected at all has gone away and I am incredibly happy. Might catch some of you cats in OCS!

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
I was already on the enlisted DEP. (I had signed beforehand as enlisted, original ship date was 03Dec). So my I had already passed all the security clearances and medical!
We all did medical and I was pretty sure the investigation wouldn't be done until recruit training. I don't know, but good for you

Reactions: HTR

Garcia

Thanks...OR told me that all they needed to do was change the N3M to the Officer's One and thats it. Half the work was already done by being almost a year already on the DEP. IDK. Just passing along what I was told.

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
Thanks...OR told me that all they needed to do was change the N3M to the Officer's One and thats it. Half the work was already done by being almost a year already on the DEP. IDK. Just passing along what I was told.
Awesome, good for you.

Bluecore

So is it fair to say that you'd be an outlier regarding the speed at which you received your letter and how soon your OCS date is? Compared to say, myself, who is not prior or active duty and still has to go to the SNA/SNFO board next week?

I'm seeing dates no earlier than March-May regarding this months boards for the vast majority of people, and from what I gathered, even some of the SNA's and SNFO's selected in the late July board are getting dates as late as July/August of next year, for example.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
So is it fair to say that you'd be an outlier regarding the speed at which you received your letter and how soon your OCS date is? Compared to say, myself, who is not prior or active duty and still has to go to the SNA/SNFO board next week?

I'm seeing dates no earlier than March-May regarding this months boards for the vast majority of people, and from what I gathered, even some of the SNA's and SNFO's selected in the late July board are getting dates as late as July/August of next year, for example.
Well some people have special situations such as college graduation next year before they could even ship and the like. I would say he is such an outlier, they he borders on statistically insignificant (no offense lol). OCS dates from the 29Oct Aviation board will likely setting around March. If am an Aviation non-select I'm planning to leave somewhere in that time frame for SWO. I think a lot of people from the May aviation boards without special circumstances settled around end of August, September and early October for OCS dates.