• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board Meeting on 6 OCT

rpat1987

Surf n Turf
That's crazy. I wish I would have been able to make this board! How many packets do they need before they will justify another rolling board?

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
I'm curious to see the stats from this board, specifically did the board lower its standards or was the field of applicants higher quality than previous boards?

Garcia

I'm curious to see the stats from this board, specifically did the board lower its standards or was the field of applicants higher quality than previous boards?
Judging by the applicants on this forum, I'd say that the applicants were higher quality.

exNavyOffRec

Not at all. With the guideline being 3.0 GPA and a 48 OAR score, I think most recruiters have been submitting more qualified applicants to the SWO board. As a result of a more qualified applicant pool, the selection rate went up.

Looks like what used to be quite a bit of board fodder is no longer making it to board now.

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
can you imagine being the recruiter that has to tell his applicant, "you are one of 2 that didn't get in", of course I am guessing something in the application might have given that indication before.
Yeah, my wife pointed that out and I told her that the 2 probably knew it was coming--a DUI, an admin discrepancy or a sub 40 OAR. It would't be a surprise.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Approximately how soon after pro rec do we get our finsel?
The best answer is "it depends." Take a look back through the previous boards at the signatures individuals have. Most list the dates they received all of their information; from pro-rec, to fin-sel, to OCS report date.