• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board Meeting on 6 OCT

otejay

FWIW: Recent email correspondence with my OR.

ME: "Monday check in, sir. Couple questions, just curious:
1. Are we still looking at a FINSEL this month, or did I read correctly that SWO ship quotas are down?
2. Will the Navy just want me out 3 months before my 31st birthday—in other words when do I become age critical (I know I’m not now)?"

OR:
"Still looking to get your FINSEL this month. Wherever you read SWO *shipping* quotas are down is wrong. SWO *selection* quota has almost been met, shipping and selection are two separate things.

The Navy granted your waiver for age, end of story. I'm not sure where you're getting 31 was age critical. Since you're prior enlisted, a lot of rules do not apply to you."

Hmm, I believe selection and shipping are linked. If the SWO spots (%) are filled up for respective classes, then there is a slowing down of shipping of pro rec SWOs which in turn creates a backlog like the one we are experiencing now. If there is a backlog, then there will be less SWO boards and therefore less selection.

I could be wrong but I don't think there are "shipping quotas" since I get the feeling the goal is not exact number of SWOs per class but rather a balanced class. Maybe that's what he meant to clarify. But based on what's been said here before, the average SWO (non-age crit, not AD, etc.) won't expect a class date earlier than the summer.

exNavyOffRec

FWIW: Recent email correspondence with my OR.

The Navy granted your waiver for age, end of story. I'm not sure where you're getting 31 was age critical. Since you're prior enlisted, a lot of rules do not apply to you."

you could tell him "the program authorization" the source document that all OR's should know in and out. Your recruiter isn't wowing me with his knowledge, all the rules do apply to you since you are prior enlisted, the parameters might be a bit different though.

Did he used to do enlisted recruiting?

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
you could tell him "the program authorization" the source document that all OR's should know in and out. Your recruiter isn't wowing me with his knowledge, all the rules do apply to you since you are prior enlisted, the parameters might be a bit different though.

Did he used to do enlisted recruiting?
No, don't think so

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
Ok, just a quick question--I might be blind--but I wanted to go back to the original thread that was started specifically to address this July shipping issue. Can anyone find it or send me the link? It's not even in my list of followed threads.

otejay

Ok, just a quick question--I might be blind--but I wanted to go back to the original thread that was started specifically to address this July shipping issue. Can anyone find it or send me the link? It's not even in my list of followed threads.

That thread was removed. I was also following it.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
The thread was removed... applicants were translating "SWO selectees won't ship until July" into "SWO applicants don't submit an application until July". It was meant for those already selected, not those currently in the application process. Applicants who misinterpreted the information were going to their recruiters who then went to region who then went to NRC. Recruiters and NRDs thought the bad information was meant to be a sabotage, which was meant to be far from it. Some idiot applicants ruined valuable information for the rest.

JamesDStrunk

The thread was removed... applicants were translating "SWO selectees won't ship until July" into "SWO applicants don't submit an application until July". It was meant for those already selected, not those currently in the application process. Applicants who misinterpreted the information were going to their recruiters who then went to region who then went to NRC. Recruiters and NRDs thought the bad information was meant to be a sabotage, which was meant to be far from it. Some idiot applicants ruined valuable information for the rest.

A few idiots ruining things for the rest of us? Surely you jest. That never happens in the military.

Bluecore

Yeah I was also looking for that thread a week back or so. Enter my repetitive questions that I asked a few days back, which I thought I knew the answer to but could find no reference to.

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
Well, the recruiter called and went back on the email I posted earlier--confirmed what we all knew, that no SWO getting out until the summer. The thing that worries me is that he also said not to worry about turned 31 in November. So if I ship any later that July, I'll graduate after age 31 (which I always thought would DQ me).
Can I dual submit for Marine OCS in case he's also wrong there?