• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 19 AUG 2019

CoDecoy

Trying to determine if I should inform my job or if should wait a little bit longer (was planning on taking a little time off before OCS)
Wait! I’m waiting for an actual class date before putting in notice. But I’m in management and I need to give as much time as possible. 1 month notice if at all possible.

jwarren4

Wait! I’m waiting for an actual class date before putting in notice. But I’m in management and I need to give as much time as possible. 1 month notice if at all possible.
Yeah I am needing the give as much time as possible as well so I don't leave my partner in a bad situation

kbal731

Trying to determine if I should inform my job or if should wait a little bit longer (was planning on taking a little time off before OCS)
yolo and yeet outta there. My boss who went through the AF OCS equivalent said he was surprised I even showed up the next day after I found out. (little did he know this is just the start of a new waiting game) But he did recommend taking as much time off as I you can prior to training

ENWaite

yolo and yeet outta there. My boss who went through the AF OCS equivalent said he was surprised I even showed up the next day after I found out. (little did he know this is just the start of a new waiting game) But he did recommend taking as much time off as I you can prior to training
I'm planning on taking a nice vacation before, quitting my job around a month before the class date (when I find out). I haven't been on holiday in 8 years so it would be nice before I embark on this great adventure.

kbal731

Someone please give me some good ideas of some places to go/things to do within the U.S., thanks!

Hit up someplace warm considering your next stop,...Miami is pretty cool, great food, warm weather and enough people there speak spanish so it's like youre in a whole nother country. Also gotta have a killer tan when you show up for Indoc, lets the class team know you're a cool guy ?

Justice22293

My recruiter told me on Tuesday to anticipate my FINSEL letter in the next couple of weeks but it shouldn't take too long. I'm hoping for the November class because I'm working 55 hours a week but can't afford my bills much longer, considering I have another student loan coming out this month. Anyone know if once I get my FINSEL letter if I can have my student loans (federal and private) postponed immediately or would they be postponed starting the day I start OCS? That goes for getting out of my apartment lease as well, if anyone knows of someone who's been through this prior. Thanks in advance!

KristenQT

My recruiter told me on Tuesday to anticipate my FINSEL letter in the next couple of weeks but it shouldn't take too long. I'm hoping for the November class because I'm working 55 hours a week but can't afford my bills much longer, considering I have another student loan coming out this month. Anyone know if once I get my FINSEL letter if I can have my student loans (federal and private) postponed immediately or would they be postponed starting the day I start OCS? That goes for getting out of my apartment lease as well, if anyone knows of someone who's been through this prior. Thanks in advance!
Once you get your FINSEL you can get out of your lease technically that day if you truly wanted with no penalty. In terms of your student loans you may have to wait until you are enlisted and will probably need to provide a copy of your LES (military paystub)

DrainNavy

I believe the class that we will all be placed in depends on SWO School start dates. Does anyone know how to find the start dates? I have a PRO REC but I am waiting on FINSEL, like many of you.