• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 19 AUG 2019

megxbow123

You mean your NASIS background check interview? Mine was over the phone. They just go over everything you put down on your security form. Sometimes they ask for more information on things but it takes about an hour. If you don’t have the info they need at the time of interview they allow you time to get it and call them back. Good luck.
Thank you so much for the clarification! I’ll definitely be able to sleep a lot better tonight! I kept picturing it being like an interrogation lol

R.Dougie

Live•Laugh•Love
Question for anyone that can answer.

If an applicant 's name is not on the list but was not notified of any thing wrong with their package, does that mean they are not in the running for this upcoming board? Pretty much Is this list all inclusive?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Question for anyone that can answer.

If an applicant 's name is not on the list but was not notified of any thing wrong with their package, does that mean they are not in the running for this upcoming board? Pretty much Is this list all inclusive?

It means you probably missed the submission date.

kbal731

Understood. However, I submitted prior to the deadline and received confirmation from Paul Celestin.

So this is what happened to me, I’m not sure how you would go about it for fleet applicants but it turned out CNRC forgot to upload my file. Literally had it sitting right there and was a big “oops” moment, I was routed from my OR, to NRD to CNRC to figure out what had actually happened.

kbal731

You mean your NASIS background check interview? Mine was over the phone. They just go over everything you put down on your security form. Sometimes they ask for more information on things but it takes about an hour. If you don’t have the info they need at the time of interview they allow you time to get it and call them back. Good luck.

Does everyone have to do an interview? Or only if there’s something questionable, submitted my NASIS back in April and haven’t heard anything

R.Dougie

Live•Laugh•Love
So this is what happened to me, I’m not sure how you would go about it for fleet applicants but it turned out CNRC forgot to upload my file. Literally had it sitting right there and was a big “oops” moment, I was routed from my OR, to NRD to CNRC to figure out what had actually happened.
Thanks for the info. Perhaps that's my case. I spoke with my Officer Program Coordinator this morning for advice. He told me to email Mr. Celestin about the list.

Was your name added to the list after navigating the various paths?

kbal731

Thanks for the info. Perhaps that's my case. I spoke with my Officer Program Coordinator this morning for advice. He told me to email Mr. Celestin about the list.

Was your name added to the list after navigating the various paths?

I haven’t checked but was told it should be on there. This was all done on Friday so not sure if that list is updated yet

KristenQT

Does everyone have to do an interview? Or only if there’s something questionable, submitted my NASIS back in April and haven’t heard anything
To my knowledge just about everyone gets an interview whether it be in person or over the phone. (That depends on how your assigned investigator prefers doing business) You may want to check with your OR about the status of your NASIS. I’ve been told it takes anywhere from 2 months to 8 months to complete. Everyone joining the Navy must fill this out so you can image it takes quite a bit of time to get approved. I submitted mine in mid June and got an interview in mid July.

Also, for the love of God... keep a copy of what you fill out. Going back 7–10 years of housing/school/employment/reference/travel history is a pain. You will need this information all over again and expect for every reference you filled out to have two more on standby when filling out secret and top secret clearance forms as you go through your career in the military. Actually take this form as your first piece of paper work for an “I LOVE ME” binder and keep records of everything as you go through training and to new commands. Best of luck!

R.Dougie

Live•Laugh•Love
Good luck to everyone! I was on the last board so I know how it feels to play the waiting game. I look forward to seeing all the Pro Rec-Y's on here in the next few days!
Results came that fast for you BroskiOCS? When are you classing up?

R.Dougie

Live•Laugh•Love
Results came for us in 4 days. Board started on Monday and I found out Thursday. Just got my FINSEL and I'll be in the 29 September class. One month to go!
NICE! I'm so pumped for you! I remember reading about some of what you had to deal with! This is major!!