• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 19 AUG 2019

megxbow123

Notice a lot of people posting:

“I got the call.....”

When talking about their selection status.
Thanks for your reply~ that makes sense! I was just asking about it because I live overseas~ So I don’t think they’ll be calling me. I’ll just keep in contact with my recruiter and hopefully he tells me when he finds out~

Justice22293

Why did it take that long? Have you applied before?

No, the Marine Corps wouldn’t approve the waiver for my tattoos then MEPS wouldn’t approve my enlisted application. I had my medical cleared through Dodmerb/Beaumed. This is my first time applying for Navy OCS and everything has been approved so far. I can’t wait to leave for OCS!

Seawolf_2020

Navy guy
No, the Marine Corps wouldn’t approve the waiver for my tattoos then MEPS wouldn’t approve my enlisted application. I had my medical cleared through Dodmerb/Beaumed. This is my first time applying for Navy OCS and everything has been approved so far. I can’t wait to leave for OCS!
I run a large recruiting station. Come across hundreds of people who want to join, 90% of everyone who I encounter DO NOT qualify. So if you are on this board just be thankful you get the opportunity. Even if you don't get selected, there is always next time.

Justice22293

I run a large recruiting station. Come across hundreds of people who want to join, 90% of everyone who I encounter DO NOT qualify. So if you are on this board just be thankful you get the opportunity. Even if you don't get selected, there is always next time.

I’m absolutely grateful and thankful for this, for sure. If given the opportunity, I’m ready to jump in head first! Hopefully I get the chance to work alongside all of you amazing, dedicated candidates. If it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be so keep grinding!

KristenQT

the Marine Corps wouldn’t approve the waiver for my tattoos
I know the navy is the most lax when it comes to tattoos but what on earth would you have that the marines flat out said no to? Sorry just curious.

I have a full sleeve and everything got approved within 3 days.

buffunicorn

The qualification ratio blows my mind. What do you see as the biggest reason people are disqualified?

SeaWolfNC1

The qualification ratio blows my mind. What do you see as the biggest reason people are disqualified?
The biggest reasons people don’t qualify are mental as in passing the ASVAB/OAR/ASTB, moral: having charges, physical: disqualifying medical issues. Being qualified for military service is challenging and less then 20-25 % even qualify, and those who chose to join out of who qualifies is less then 1% of the population.[/QUOTE]