• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 19 AUG 2019

Justice22293

Anyone know approximately how long it takes to find the results of this board? My recruiter said it's expected to take a little longer than usual... not sure exactly what "a little longer" means, but I'm guessing mid September. Thoughts?

kbal731

Anyone know approximately how long it takes to find the results of this board? My recruiter said it's expected to take a little longer than usual... not sure exactly what "a little longer" means, but I'm guessing mid September. Thoughts?

I dont think anyone knows lol. Just spoke with my recruiter and someone from CNRC, both gave me pretty vague answers "a week to a month", "you should know by the end of September".

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I dont think anyone knows lol. Just spoke with my recruiter and someone from CNRC, both gave me pretty vague answers "a week to a month", "you should know by the end of September".

Are you an active duty applicant? Yeah... don't be calling CNRC straight up. That's real baaaaad

huskybiz

The June 2019 board had 163 applicants with 146 pro-rec Y, for an acceptance of 89.6%. The April 2019 Board had 208 applicants with 201 pro-rec Y, for an acceptance of 96.6%. Now this is going off of posts on air warriors, so it may not be accurate. But who knows, there is a lot of good and helpful information on here.

kbal731

Are you an active duty applicant? Yeah... don't be calling CNRC straight up. That's real baaaaad

They called me. Had an issue with my package and they let me know directly it had been resolved, I asked while I had em on the phone. Yeah I wouldn’t be goin out of my way like that.

SeaWolfNC1

The June 2019 board had 163 applicants with 146 pro-rec Y, for an acceptance of 89.6%. The April 2019 Board had 208 applicants with 201 pro-rec Y, for an acceptance of 96.6%. Now this is going off of posts on air warriors, so it may not be accurate. But who knows, there is a lot of good and helpful information on here.
I ran the numbers from the past board going back to aug last year based off the list sent out on MPT&E. All average out to about a 94% select rate over the past year. Some boards had over 150+ while others barely hit 100. Lowest select % was 88% while best was 98%. We can run numbers all day and compare GPA. OAR. Active duty Vs. Street applicant. Truth is as long as you have a competitive package you will be ok. If your lacking in one area, improve it. If you can’t be stronger somewhere else. I have a strong package but won’t go into detail with all the officers I work with or have worked with recommending, supporting, and saying I should get selected. I am still nervous just like the rest of you as age is my biggest worry. My age waiver was approved twice as the first time off the old PA and the second because the New PA came out as I was submitting my package. I am hopeful because of my experience and leadership skills I have acquired over the years and the fact my waiver had to be approved not only by the community manager but higher as stated in the new PA.

I wish all you the best of luck and truly hope you understand the commitment you are about to make if selected. The responsibility that will be placed upon many of you is more than you can imagine, you will be tasked, stressed, pushed, and challenged beyond anything you have undertaken thus far in your life. As an Officer you are expected to lead your Sailors and make the tough decisions while not taking credit for it. For those that know what I speak of will understand, for those about to join our ranks as Shipmates remember to take care of your Sailors always. It’s not what you do, but what you do for your Sailors!

Best of luck to all, I hope I can have the Honor of being a Naval Officer and continue to lead and develop Sailors in the greatest Navy in the world.

If you have any questions just ask.

CoDecoy

I ran the numbers from the past board going back to aug last year based off the list sent out on MPT&E. All average out to about a 94% select rate over the past year. Some boards had over 150+ while others barely hit 100. Lowest select % was 88% while best was 98%. We can run numbers all day and compare GPA. OAR. Active duty Vs. Street applicant. Truth is as long as you have a competitive package you will be ok. If your lacking in one area, improve it. If you can’t be stronger somewhere else. I have a strong package but won’t go into detail with all the officers I work with or have worked with recommending, supporting, and saying I should get selected. I am still nervous just like the rest of you as age is my biggest worry. My age waiver was approved twice as the first time off the old PA and the second because the New PA came out as I was submitting my package. I am hopeful because of my experience and leadership skills I have acquired over the years and the fact my waiver had to be approved not only by the community manager but higher as stated in the new PA.

I wish all you the best of luck and truly hope you understand the commitment you are about to make if selected. The responsibility that will be placed upon many of you is more than you can imagine, you will be tasked, stressed, pushed, and challenged beyond anything you have undertaken thus far in your life. As an Officer you are expected to lead your Sailors and make the tough decisions while not taking credit for it. For those that know what I speak of will understand, for those about to join our ranks as Shipmates remember to take care of your Sailors always. It’s not what you do, but what you do for your Sailors!

Best of luck to all, I hope I can have the Honor of being a Naval Officer and continue to lead and develop Sailors in the greatest Navy in the world.

If you have any questions just ask.
Heard this.
Thank all of you for your contributions. When I get a result I’ll post up on here with info.

megxbow123

So I am going for my security clearance interview tomorrow... kind of strange timing considering that I don't even know if I got selected or not... has anyone else already done theirs? How was it? Any tips? Thank you!

CoDecoy

So I am going for my security clearance interview tomorrow... kind of strange timing considering that I don't even know if I got selected or not... has anyone else already done theirs? How was it? Any tips? Thank you!

What were your stats? I see the 4.0 in International Relations

KristenQT

You mean your NASIS background check interview? Mine was over the phone. They just go over everything you put down on your security form. Sometimes they ask for more information on things but it takes about an hour. If you don’t have the info they need at the time of interview they allow you time to get it and call them back. Good luck.