• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 17AUG20

O interesting. This is for 2021 needs right? Do you know how many boards they have left for 2021?

To pick quotas for FY21, FY21 starts October 1st 2020, However the website and the pdf file have different information, one doesn't mention a board in November where the website does and the package submission date for this board states July 9the where the website says June....so who knows at this point.

exNavyOffRec

To pick quotas for FY21, FY21 starts October 1st 2020, However the website and the pdf file have different information, one doesn't mention a board in November where the website does and the package submission date for this board states July 9the where the website says June....so who knows at this point.

That isn't how officer recruiting works, FY 21 spots start to be filled back in March

exNavyOffRec

We are talking about something different but I see your point
people get confused on last board of the year, last board of the FY, etc..... it doesn't matter when the board is during the year there is no effect on spots available, there are many recruiters that will say boards in Oct have more spots, nope, or boards in March have more spots, nope. The reason is hard quotas don't come out until Jan or if lucky late Dec, until then they do an estimate which is anywhere from 50-75% of the previous years quota depending on the designator, then the hard numbers come out and they can then fill the remaining spots that were held up, in the end it results in basically the same number of spots year after year evenly distributed over each board, unless something screwy happens like COVID or a board over-selects.

Basically there is no advantage to any board or any time of the year.

people get confused on last board of the year, last board of the FY, etc..... it doesn't matter when the board is during the year there is no effect on spots available, there are many recruiters that will say boards in Oct have more spots, nope, or boards in March have more spots, nope. The reason is hard quotas don't come out until Jan or if lucky late Dec, until then they do an estimate which is anywhere from 50-75% of the previous years quota depending on the designator, then the hard numbers come out and they can then fill the remaining spots that were held up, in the end it results in basically the same number of spots year after year evenly distributed over each board, unless something screwy happens like COVID or a board over-selects.

That’s good information to know!

almond_615

My recruiter told me early on that they overselected on the last board for the fy21 qoutas and we accelerated my package to make sure I could get into this board just in case they end up using all of their qoutas

My recruiter told me early on that they overselected on the last board for the fy21 qoutas and we accelerated my package to make sure I could get into this board just in case they end up using all of their qoutas

When I spoke with Mr Celestin and asked if they over selected on the quotas he said no, so this is interesting.

Hmm. Well, here's looking to September and having a final answer. :D

I mean, honestly and I could be wrong but if they did then why add another board? maybe exofficerrecruiter can explain because it doesn't make sense to me.
If you are forecasting which is what it sounds like he was explaining, and you have overage. in terms of I need 1200 and we pulled 1260, from Oct-Sep and its July. Then make it make sense unless they over selected for FY20 and not FY21. Because this board is for FY21 graduates right?

exNavyOffRec

When I spoke with Mr Celestin and asked if they over selected on the quotas he said no, so this is interesting.

I would say the answer he gave you is more accurate, the last board was when they were selecting for FY 20 and 21 and it was said there was an overselection which if for FY 20 isn't an issue now, and they had cancelled the next board or combined it depending how you look at it, so that most likely fixed any issue that existed. The concern I would have is the number of people being pushed from the last board to the next board, that will make it interesting.