• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 17AUG20

exNavyOffRec

I mean, honestly and I could be wrong but if they did then why add another board? maybe exofficerrecruiter can explain because it doesn't make sense to me.
If you are forecasting which is what it sounds like he was explaining, and you have overage. in terms of I need 1200 and we pulled 1260, from Oct-Sep and its July. Then make it make sense unless they over selected for FY20 and not FY21. Because this board is for FY21 graduates right?
The pdf file would be the accurate one, and it is normal for a Nov board, although they have been cancelled sometimes. The below is put out by NRC, the website could have an error due to personnel.

I would say the answer he gave you is more accurate, the last board was when they were selecting for FY 20 and 21 and it was said there was an overselection which if for FY 20 isn't an issue now, and they had cancelled the next board or combined it depending how you look at it, so that most likely fixed any issue that existed. The concern I would have is the number of people being pushed from the last board to the next board, that will make it interesting.

Technically it would be everyone because they cancelled the board the day the board was supposed to convene, so in theory every single applicant from the April board got moved to the August board.

Brian1123

All the speculations here are a good read I must say :). Although its exciting, just trust the process and focus on what you can control. Our packages are in and its out of our hands. Whats for you will be for you, whether its this time or the next time. OAN: anyone remember the link to the "at board list"?

SunP

I was on the February SWO Board and didn’t get selected. Put in a reconsider package for this August board

undergrad in electrical engineering GPA 3.0
Master in electrical engineering GPA 3.17
Master in Computer Science GPA 3.5
OAR 66
Active duty
Second class PO
Been in close to 2 years
LOR O5, O4, CWO2
And a few appraisal
Eval: MP, EP

Good luck to y’all and if y’all have any advice for me please let me know.

exNavyOffRec

I was on the February SWO Board and didn’t get selected. Put in a reconsider package for this August board

OAR 66
Active duty
Second class PO
Been in close to 2 years
LOR O5, O4, CWO2
And a few appraisal

Interesting, good GPA's and excellent degrees

OAR 66
Active duty
Second class PO
Been in close to 2 years
LOR O5, O4, CWO2
And a few appraisal

If you didn’t get picked up in February that’s pretty scary. I feel like on the surface your package looks really good.

cjg32

When can we expect to hear back? Any speculation on how selective this board will be?
Read on the IWC board that the expected timeline for board results is 3-6 weeks after the board convenes because of COVID. Apparently this is the new normal-been waiting over 5 weeks for IWC results as of this past Monday

n0rthstar

Honestly, seeing people with tech degrees and mid to high 60's on the OAR not getting selected really solidified for me the fact that the February board was very, very strange.

OAR 66
Active duty
Second class PO
Been in close to 2 years
LOR O5, O4, CWO2
And a few appraisal

Everything on the "surface" looks great, except the fact that you have so little time in on AD. As a whole candidate, you are essentially as good as the best candidates that were chosen, however they may have had more experience in leadership even though you are a PO2.

This is only my perspective, I am not a board member nor have a I sat in on a board, one of the members here can chime in and dispel this theory. I don't see anything else, did you put in a waiver for the Evals? Are you an FC? Nuke?

All the speculations here are a good read I must say :). Although its exciting, just trust the process and focus on what you can control. Our packages are in and its out of our hands. Whats for you will be for you, whether its this time or the next time. OAN: anyone remember the link to the "at board list"?

I keep hearing about this mythical link to an "at board list" etc etc. does this even exist? I think the last time I tried to access it the link wouldn't let you in with your CAC.