• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 17AUG20

Jp127

Hello everyone,
Just thought I would start a new thread for SWO Board convening on 17AUG20 (hopefully this doesn't get posponed).
This will be my first board. Best of luck everyone!
Hey man! I'll be on that board. Very excited. Good luck to all!

Thanks for starting a new thread I wasn't sure if we should keep going off the April one or start a new one being that it wasn't held.

sealords

Thanks for starting a new thread I wasn't sure if we should keep going off the April one or start a new one being that it wasn't held.
Sorry Nia, where are you station cos your time zone seems to be faster that than the Eastern time. looking forward to this board too, also you have been proactive on the SWO thread, I couldn't imagine an HMC going into the pack of wolf community.

Sorry Nia, where are you station cos your time zone seems to be faster that than the Eastern time. looking forward to this board too, also you have been proactive on the SWO thread, I couldn't imagine an HMC going into the pack of wolf community.

well that is the plan for me

Ancalagon

Got my packet in this week, so I'll be on this board! I'm a non-select from the previous IWC board, so first time applying to SWO. Good luck everyone!

Cbienaim

Hey all I’m also in this board, excited to hear I don’t have to wait until October! Good luck to you all! Any prior enlisted or reservists applying? I’m an LS3 in the reserves right now

Joselo_0084

I applied for IWC board in 4March, but, got my waivers denied. Currently applying for this SWO board with Age waiver.

Stats:
AT2(AW/SW/IW) Rivera Pagan, Jose

GPA: 3.82 (BSIT - Network Management); 3.98 (MSIT - Security Management) Masters.
OAR: 41.
Appraisals: 0-6 (SWO), 0-6 (SWO), 0-5 (SWO).
LOR: 0-3 (AMDO), 0-3 (AMDO) 0-8 (SWO)
Evals: EP, EP, EP, MP.
Still waiting on age waiver approval.

SeaWarrior

Hey all I’m also in this board, excited to hear I don’t have to wait until October! Good luck to you all! Any prior enlisted or reservists applying? I’m an LS3 in the reserves right now
Former second class, Bachelor's in Finance. Working in the corporate world until I get the call to return back active. Hopefully that will happen on the August board! Good luck to you!

GAhnee

I’m on this board too, but since I’ve had a few additions to my package, I’ll restate my stats.

6 years prior service, 24
GPA 2.77 Bachelor’s in philosophy
OAR 52
Appraisals: O6 (SWO)
LOR: O6 SWO ret., O3 Army Pilot, O4 SWO

I’m not Navy affiliated at all, but I was able to get an interview/appraisal done by reaching out to NROTC detachments in universities near me. Since most things are done through Zoom right now, the detachment commander was more than happy to talk with me. For those looking for an easy way to further polish a package, try reaching out! It can’t hurt

Cbienaim

Oh yea I guess I’ll post my stats as well
1 year of service so far, 23y/o
GPA: 3.15 BS in Healthcare Administration
OAR: 54
LOR: 2 previous employers, NRD Ypsilanti LPO, current employer
EP Eval and meritorious advancement to E-4, haven’t been in long so I’m hoping that the good I’ve done in my short time looks good. This is going to be my first board and I’m only applying for SWO. I’m working on getting a LOR from my XO who is a SWO but we will see soon enough. Good luck to us all, hope this board has some good quotas since the last board was cancelled but who knows.

BroskiOCS

well that is the plan for me

Good luck, HMC! I am a former HM1(FMF) that earned my commission last year for SWO. I had never been on a ship until I showed up to my first one as an Ensign. Needless to say, you get plenty of funny looks and comments going from Corpsman to SWO but it's well worth it. Keep up the motivation! I hope to see you out in the fleet.

Sandcrab01

When are packets due for this board? I have not had luck finding an updated OCS board schedule.

My recruiter said these packets are due in August but that seems odd with it covening in August.

n0rthstar

When are packets due for this board? I have not had luck finding an updated OCS board schedule.

My recruiter said these packets are due in August but that seems odd with it covening in August.

Early July, don’t remember exact date.