• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Subic Bay

MasterBates

Wow, this is one of those threads that makes me wish I was born 30 years earlier.

I weep for my lack of cool ports... And restrictive libo policies...

airfrogusmc

OK now I think its kinda come'n back. Usually 3 sheets to the wind by the time we got down that far. Had a couple a honey cos one at the Astro and another that worked at the Brown Fox and lived around the corner with her sister (I think??? anyway thats what the said) from it. Used to go to her house after she got off work and would drink mojo and some magoos till the weeee hours. Had to be inside by midnight (marshal law). I remember all the 11:59ers. "Take me home Joe." And the silver bullets you'd need if you took one home.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
OK now I think its kinda come'n back. Usually 3 sheets to the wind by the time we got down that far....the Brown Fox.....

Brown Fox ... we always thought it was a semi-successful attempt to cash in on the "name identity" from Tijuana with the SoCal based guys.

Lost a few cells @ the Brown Fox, too ... until someone pointed out to me the troops did not appreciate having "O's" there as a general policy ... ditto the 7th Fleet Club .... so we stayed away unless invited or unless I was sporting a SHORE PATROL armband just prior to curfew ... :)

brownfoxclubdh7.jpg

airfrogusmc

Being a crewchief we would hang with some of or our pilots out in town from time to time. I always thought it was great cause they had more cash than we did (not that you needed much in the Po) and would usually buy.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Ahhh yes, Po. Good times across the "Aromatic River"..chucking pesos to the kids in the river.......

I can still smell it some days. The Olongapo/Aromatic/Shit River .... We had a patch made up ... Snoopy on the Doghouse, Curse you Red Baron-style .... something to the effect of:

"100 Missions over the Scenic Shit River" ... :)

Similar idea ... but this ain't it ...

smoopysuziwonght5.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Here's another PO/CUBI-specific patch. It is a weak substitute for the "100 missions" patch ... but it's what many of us wore on our flight jackets and it's what I have on my computer ... :)

cubidogaw9.jpg

All this talk is makin' me THIRSTY !!!!

airfrogusmc

We had PI vet wings that instead of the AC in the center there were crossed hypodermic needles. And we had a special squadron patch made up.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
All this talk is makin' me THIRSTY !!!!

Time for a 25 cent San Miguel...3/4 beer...1/4 formeldahyde. Oooooooooow the headache it provided!!!!:( :(

Attachments

• 51071705_Sanmiguel.jpg
    51071705_Sanmiguel.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 54

airfrogusmc

Yeah for a real magoo not an imported on. I still have a minature bottle of magoo.
IMG_9411.jpg

Just shot these sorry for the crappy photos.

Cruise book a little beat up.
IMG_9413.jpg

IMG_9414.jpg

IMG_9415.jpg

IMG_9416.jpg

IMG_9417.jpg

Henry and the scenic shit river.

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
In 1980 (that's pre-Herpes and pre-AIDS for the younger lads, when a shot of penicillen or tetracyclene was all you needed), our flight surgeon would put out large bottles of Tetracyclene for preemptive strikes on the Po. As he would tell us, "this is a two-fer, prevent burning sensations and clear any acne right up!"

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
....our flight surgeon would put out large bottles of Tetracyclene for preemptive strikes ....
Our Quack did the same thing. All aircrew got a bottle of Malaria pills and a bottle of tetracycline. We even had a PCD listed on the flight schedule. See the Quack by that date and you went home disease free.

In the P-3, we used to mount boxes of foamie earplugs on the outside of the head wall by the IFO's chair. During Westpac deployments, the Quack mounted boxes of condoms next to the ear plugs.

Great times in the pre-PC Navy...

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

KC130FE

Livin' the Life!
This thread makes me sad. :weeping_1 It's all gone. EVERYONE could learn many of life's lessons on Magsaysay. Now it's just a memory. A really good, blurry, staggering, puking, dripping, screaming, memory. :D

100 missions.jpg

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Question guys, in the book Flight of the Intruder there's a part set at a bar in Cubi where there was a "landing simulator" set up where the "pilot" would end up in the river if he didn't catch the wire. Was this based on fact or just created by Coonts for the book?

Thanks,

Tex