• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Subic Bay

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Man, all you old geezers talking about them days made me bring out my tape of a beauty contest. Remember them?

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
When I was a kid, my younger brother & I raised exotic game birds including wood ducks & Canadian geese. One day some Vietnamese folks stopped by our place & wanted to buy partially incubated duck & geese eggs for something around a dollar a piece. At first I didn't know why they wanted them - their English was piss poor & I was only 12 - but I finally figured it out & told them no way. They got pissed off when I told them that we didn't sell eggs & if we did they'd go for $10 a piece. The guy got really upset & my dad had to intervene & tell him to leave before he called the sheriff. Just thinking about eating something like that makes me sick to my stomach.

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
Man, all you old geezers talking about them days made me bring out my tape of a beauty contest. Remember them?

Been to many a beauty contest; never ate a balut, but I did eat 10 live geckos (the key is to swallow them whole very quickly). Our flight surgeon said we'd be fine, so we made him eat one first. A few San Miguels first, of course.

Death Rattler

pilot
You boys have stirred up some memories from way, way back. When I was at CUBI San Miguel was a dime, and you got a nickel back if you turned in the bottle. Hands down, the shittest place I`ve ever been is across the bay. Off loaded at Sangley Point for a week or so. Outside the gate was the "town" of Cavetie (sp?). Shacks on poles, looked like septic tank contents underneath...dead dogs, dead chickens, little kids playing in all of it......

jazzdude

Just thought I'd share some pics from my visit to Subic. Unfortunately- no crew rest there for me, as it sounded like good times.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    390.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    236 KB · Views: 60

fudog50

Station Dito

The screenname and logo says it all! Station Dito 1982-1987. Lots of good memories. I always just sit back and smile about the stories told by guys that were there for a couple days or weeks just stopping by. In fact our main source of entertainment was watching you guys!

One reason I have stayed in for 26 years now is hoping one day the Navy will return to the ways of the past, alas....

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.... I always just sit back and smile about the stories told by guys that were there for a couple days or weeks just stopping by....
Uhhhh ... the guys who were there for a couple days or weeks (?) .... that's the reason the place existed, last time I checked.

BUT ... I will admit that it was INFINITELY better when the Carrier Group was out of port and you were lucky enough to be left behind to work-up and wave some USMC miscreants who were getting ready to go to the boat for the first time ... former grads of AF flight school. ;)

fudog50

uhhhh

Yeah thats why we were there...talk about rhetoric! or jealousy?

One reason I don't post here too often is that others tend to attack the responses of others rather than just stick to the posts.....

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Yeah thats why we were there...talk about rhetoric! or jealousy?

One reason I don't post here too often is that others tend to attack the responses of others rather than just stick to the posts.....

Jealousy?? CUBI??? Probably .... I loved it in the P.I. Still do ....

But: ... "attack"???? .... I was an attack pilot. You don't know what an "attack" is .... trust me.

Why do some people think a tongue-in-cheek comment, or a "Ready Room" retort .... is an "attack"???

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jealousy?? CUBI??? Probably .... I loved it in the P.I. Still do ....

But: ... "attack"???? .... I was an attack pilot. You don't know what an "attack" is .... trust me.

Why do some people think a tongue-in-cheek comment, or a "Ready Room" retort .... is an "attack"???

Must be a ground-pounder thing. ;)

Brett

airfrogusmc

Uhhhh ... the guys who were there for a couple days or weeks (?) .... that's the reason the place existed, last time I checked.

BUT ... I will admit that it was INFINITELY better when the Carrier Group was out of port and you were lucky enough to be left behind to work-up and wave some USMC miscreants who were getting ready to go to the boat for the first time ... former grads of AF flight school. ;)

Yep, when the boats were out thats when things got interesting and very cheap...

H60Gunner

Contributor
Missouri Bar was a "VP" hang out in Olongapo, a friend of mine had a poster prominently displayed in the bar that said "If you can't hover you ain't sh*t". He was a VP guy who went HSL, then back to VP.

In 1987, the AO on my crew had his hand crushed by a DICASS (hucking buoys, always a BAD idea), and spent the greater part of a Misawa deployment in Cubi. Ohh hurt me!