• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
^its a secret until you experience it (yes I know the man you OCS'ers, so don't flood this with anymore information then need be).

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
^its a secret until you experience it (yes I know the man you OCS'ers, so don't flood this with anymore information then need be).

Is he still there? I thought (forgive me if this is bad gouge/slander) that he got the boot?

skim

None
Contributor
thanks guys for explaining what didn't need to be explained. I was hoping to keep the legend alive.

bbf7b2

pilot
thanks guys for explaining what didn't need to be explained. I was hoping to keep the legend alive.

Don't worry skim some may be gone but there are a couple new GYSGTs that came onboard this summer who will f you up. Gunny S has some fun ways to make you feel pain like you've never imagined.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor

Skim, so I take it you have all of your quals? Since it looks like you have plenty of free time to "blend into the floor." Or, is that just what SWOs do?:D

skim

None
Contributor
not all my quals. right now it seems they want me to get everything but my pin. its hard to get an underway qual when your tied to a pier.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
One of my favorite memories of Indoc week..can't believe I actually have one.

My classmate is the first out of the head and has to greet the Indoc staff. As he rounds the end of the p-way, one of the staff says "NOW GREET MY BOOD!!"..It was day 1 so of course we are retarded and he shouts... 'MORNING BOOD! The indoc staff loses it and tries not to laugh as they rush us back to our own p-way so they could laugh without us seeing it.

That's almost as bad as the one kid in a recent indoc class that came in with a shirt on that just said "PARTY" and one of our candios dancing around in a circle, rave-style, around this kid in the poopysuit room shouting "YEA PARTY, I'M A PARTY ANIMAL WOO YEA LET'S PARTY WOOOO!"

It was so, so hard not to lose it doing indoc stuff. Fortunately, I was h-staff and only got to work indoc Sunday once...hah!

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
That's almost as bad as the one kid in a recent indoc class that came in with a shirt on that just said "PARTY" and one of our candios dancing around in a circle, rave-style, around this kid in the poopysuit room shouting "YEA PARTY, I'M A PARTY ANIMAL WOO YEA LET'S PARTY WOOOO!"

It was so, so hard not to lose it doing indoc stuff. Fortunately, I was h-staff and only got to work indoc Sunday once...hah!

This is actually a really good point. We had some kids guys show up in "Navy" tshirts that, I guess, they had gotten from their recruiter or at the exchange or something. Bad idea.

I'm sure they were going for brownie points by wearing the shirt of the home team or something, but I singled those guys out first.

Indoc was a great way to let out your frustrations on others.:icon_smil

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
This is actually a really good point. We had some kids guys show up in "Navy" tshirts that, I guess, they had gotten from their recruiter or at the exchange or something. Bad idea.

I'm sure they were going for brownie points by wearing the shirt of the home team or something, but I singled those guys out first.

Indoc was a great way to let out your frustrations on others.:icon_smil

My indoc was rather unique. Only took about 2 or so hours, after all the admin stuff was done when one of the candios privately asked "Hey, are you on AWs?" "Yes, sir" "Is your name JOBOY?!" "Yes, sir (internal dialogue: fuck)"

"Hey guys! It's JOOOBOOOOOY!" And from then on, whenever a few of the usual suspect Candios saw me enter a room, they start boisterously yelling "Hey! It's JOOOOOBOOOY!"

That was kinda funny. The bullshit that went on behind the scenes, however, was not....

ray25017

If you're scheduled to be at OCS during Christmas (they've scheduled a holiday stand down from 18DEC through the New Year), what are the chances the staff will make you stay behind? In other words, if you don't have the leave earned yet (obviously) or say the staff has some other reason (your fat, dumb, or both), has anyone heard of the staff denying leave and assigning monkey work until training resumes in January?