• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

alpineskier

gear up, Newspaper, your airplane
pilot
yes, you will make enough to cover expenses at OCS. Just dont be that guy that buys like 15 class T-shirts and has 25 family members come to hi moms and grad. Financially, you will be fine at OCS. Class teams stress not over spending on stupid stuff.

PJ81

FS SNA
One thing I've heard some people put on their packing list is two pair of running shoes. One pair to use and one pair for inspections. Is this the norm, or will one pair be enough?

ray25017

Hey PJ,

I second that about the running shoes... I'm due for a new pair and was going to buy 2 -- 1 to wear during OCS and 1 for inspections (that I would end up using while at school after OCS).

Can you use new shoes for inspections or do they expect you to clean the shoes you've stomped in everyday?

Thanks for any insight...

LET73

Don't waste your money on "museum gear." I had one pair of running shoes through OCS, and never got hit in an inspection because they were dirty (which they were). I mean, clean the worst of the chunks of dirt off, but they don't have to be pristine. The DIs understand that you actually wear your running shoes.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Get one pair of running shoes and clean them up as best you can for inspections.

The DIs will actually get pissed if you have a brand new pair of running shoes for an inspection (anyone can do that).

And no, you don't get to pick and choose on uniforms. My uniform bill last week was $2,500 and with my Star Card it was $2,250. Not too bad.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Is it true that we're no longer wearing khaki's at OCS and have switched entirely to NWU?

As an Officer Candidate you will wear NWUs thru week 9.5 when you become a Candidate Officer. At that time, you switch over to service khakis. Wash khakis are gone.

No pillhacker, I'm not in Yokosuka yet, I'm on leave 'till SWOS intro.

RussBow6

yes, you will make enough to cover expenses at OCS. Just dont be that guy that buys like 15 class T-shirts and has 25 family members come to hi moms and grad. Financially, you will be fine at OCS. Class teams stress not over spending on stupid stuff.

dont invite a lot of people?
or buy enough tshirts for everyone that comes?

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
dont invite a lot of people?
or buy enough tshirts for everyone that comes?

Both..or neither. However you want to look at it.

His point was to not blow money on dumb shit while at OCS. You maybe need 2 class t-shirts and that is only so you don't have to do laundry everyday. You'll never wear them again after you get out. It's kind of like wearing your high school homecoming t-shirt in college. And, don't go buying t-shirts for your family, they won't care about it as soon as your graduation is over and they won't get whatever jokes you inserted into the picture.

And, if you invite every friend and family member to your Hi Moms then have them pay you back for their portion.

Down the road, you won't even remember your Hi Moms. Ours was at the Chiefs club in P-Cola. Nice, but not extravagant. Some douche had us all propose to his girlfriend on the dance floor. I guess he didn't have the sack to do it himself in private. Very ghey. That's about all I remember.

Moral of the story: Don't waste a ton of cash on your Hi Moms.

RussBow6

ha ya i wasnt planning on buying anything more than i get told to... i was going to invite everyone i know to the graduation though.

gf say yes?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Both..or neither. However you want to look at it.

His point was to not blow money on dumb shit while at OCS. You maybe need 2 class t-shirts and that is only so you don't have to do laundry everyday. You'll never wear them again after you get out. It's kind of like wearing your high school homecoming t-shirt in college. And, don't go buying t-shirts for your family, they won't care about it as soon as your graduation is over and they won't get whatever jokes you inserted into the picture.

And, if you invite every friend and family member to your Hi Moms then have them pay you back for their portion.

Down the road, you won't even remember your Hi Moms. Ours was at the Chiefs club in P-Cola. Nice, but not extravagant. Some douche had us all propose to his girlfriend on the dance floor. I guess he didn't have the sack to do it himself in private. Very ghey. That's about all I remember.

Moral of the story: Don't waste a ton of cash on your Hi Moms.

Wut he sed.

I bought three shirts: one blank, one with my "OCS" nickname (lame) and one with "Joboy" on the back. None went to my family, and now they are 3 of my PT shirts.

I invited directly related family to my graduation and only my parents came. It was enough.

Winging would be a better ceremony for ALL your family to show up to.

Boomhower

None
gf say yes?

Yeah, she did. We didn't tell her that her new fiancee' was a chronic masturbator. I'm not kidding.

At OCS they make you drink a ton of water (at least they did in Pensacola) so everyone has to get up once or twice a night to piss. Pretty much all of us had run in on this guy in the head giving it to himself in one of the stalls at 3 am. It became the standard that this guy was going to be in there flogging the bishop when you went in to take a leak. He didn't even stop when he heard the door opening! Weird guy. Nuke, IIRC, and he was the stereotypical nuke, at that.

MidWestEwo

None
Yeah, she did. We didn't tell her that her new fiancee' was a chronic masturbator. I'm not kidding.

At OCS they make you drink a ton of water (at least they did in Pensacola) so everyone has to get up once or twice a night to piss. Pretty much all of us had run in on this guy in the head giving it to himself in one of the stalls at 3 am. It became the standard that this guy was going to be in there flogging the bishop when you went in to take a leak. He didn't even stop when he heard the door opening! Weird guy. Nuke, IIRC, and he was the stereotypical nuke, at that.

So..what was his nickname?

Boomhower

None
So..what was his nickname?

Wish I could remember, but now I would probably vote for "Spanky" or "Quickshot" or something along those lines.

I'm not sure that anybody ever brought it up to him, so I doubt we made anything like that his nickname.

In the female head they had a somewhat similar situation except there was a chick that was puking every night at 3 am. They ended up kicking her out for being bullemic (sp).

Now that I look back on it, bring a Gatorade bottle to piss in at night, there is some weird shit going down in the heads during late night at OCS.

Picaroon

Helos
pilot

Maybe he was just training so he wouldn't be a "minute man" when he finally got liberty with her after those long lonely weeks... Sounds like a real "hard-charger" to me :D