• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
If you're scheduled to be at OCS during Christmas (they've scheduled a holiday stand down from 18DEC through the New Year), what are the chances the staff will make you stay behind? In other words, if you don't have the leave earned yet (obviously) or say the staff has some other reason (your fat, dumb, or both), has anyone heard of the staff denying leave and assigning monkey work until training resumes in January?

Your leave will not be denied. If you haven't yet earned any leave, you will simply go in the hole (negative leave balance). It's no big deal.

ray25017

hey, thanks for the reply...
good news. I wasn't sure if I could * guarantee * the wife that I'd be let go or if they'd have me raking leaves for 2 weeks.

ClutchS306

OK haven't looked this up properly but have taken some time looking into this question. Everywhere on the what to bring sites it says, shirts - 3 packs, socks 3 packs, and underwear 3 packs. Hello people not all underwear socks and T-shirts come in the same packs.
How many white crew cut shirts do I need, is it 6? 9? 12?
How many briefs do I need, 6? 9? 12?
How many socks do I need, 6 pair = 12 socks, 9 pair = 18 socks, 12 pair = 24 socks?
Better yet how many are allowed in when you arrive at OCS? If I showed up with 20 of each how many could I keep?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
OK haven't looked this up properly but have taken some time looking into this question. Everywhere on the what to bring sites it says, shirts - 3 packs, socks 3 packs, and underwear 3 packs. Hello people not all underwear socks and T-shirts come in the same packs.
How many white crew cut shirts do I need, is it 6? 9? 12?
How many briefs do I need, 6? 9? 12?
How many socks do I need, 6 pair = 12 socks, 9 pair = 18 socks, 12 pair = 24 socks?
Better yet how many are allowed in when you arrive at OCS? If I showed up with 20 of each how many could I keep?

Bring 1 of each... or 40. Either way, hilarity will ensue.

CashvillePlt

OVER THE LINE!
They don't care how many you bring. You will be issued briefs and socks but you will want and need to keep them perfect for rlp.
Agreed, you need the issued ones for RLP, period. Don't touch em'. I currently have about 13 pairs of socks and undies in rotation that I brought. I'm glad I did because laundry opportunities are few and far between the first 3 weeks...

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
So here's a question.

What happens if I'm driving up to OCS and I get stuck in a bad snow storm on my way up? (I would have left Pensacola with plenty of time to get there)

Just curious after seeing the news about that blizzard.

navy09

None
Inclement weather is fairly common this time of year in New England. It's a good idea to give yourself a little extra time in case of an unexpected event- weather, car trouble, etc.

Specifically on your drive from FL to RI, I'd recommend leaving early, planning alternate routes, and thoroughly checking out your car prior to leaving. Common sense, basic shit like that could save you some headaches.

JJH

Can anybody give some info about what paperwork to bring to OCS if you are BDCP? I heard from my processor all I need to take are shot records and orders. I also heard maybe to bring the security questionaire, birth certificate, social security card, and other things. What about how many copies of required documents? Thanks!

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
Can anybody give some info about what paperwork to bring to OCS if you are BDCP? I heard from my processor all I need to take are shot records and orders. I also heard maybe to bring the security questionaire, birth certificate, social security card, and other things. What about how many copies of required documents? Thanks!

Iowa....NICE! I went to school in Iowa (also where I was recruited). Anyway, I'm not sure what the requirements are for paperwork. But I would bring copies of everything you have. If nothing else, just keep them in your car. But at least you have them readily available. You don't want to get held up by any kind of technicality.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
IF you drive you have a place to store all your extra stuff and not have to rely on using someone else's vehicle. If you don't drive, you have to make sure you or that person who's car you are storing your stuff doesn't roll out of your class and early on it's a pain in the ass to try and find them to get gear of yours out of their car. I brought my own car and was glad I did, when we finally were afforded liberty I didn't have to just be "along for the ride" and had a major say in where we went and what we did. Also, since you have other people's shit in your car, they always feel obligated to do you favors throughout your stay in luxurious OCS. I didn't always cash in on the offers but it was a nice to be able to collect on a favor should I need it. (ie..borrowing lost items and such).

I'm heavily in favor of bringing your own car if you can't already tell.