• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Doesn't really matter, tbh. You'll get issued 2 white towels and 2 white rags which are small, scratchy, stringy pieces of shit that you (should) use for RLP. Anything you bring is just used for regular showering purposes. I think I brought 2 towels but ended up leaving 1 in my lucky bag because it was pretty bulky.
Awesome thanks for the response.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Yes, you really will need sunscreen. They issue it to summer classes, but I don't know when that begins. It hadn't started when I left yet. You spend a LOT of time outside now practicing procedures and you will get destroyed by the sun, giving you another negative to have to deal with unnecessarily, when you could have avoided it. Please do bring sunscreen. A small travel size is adequate as you get NEX trips later anyway.

bnun89

Does anyone know if time at OCS counts towards the 4 years and 1 day needed for O1E, and what the instruction is? I've been reading a lot of varying answers and haven't seen any responses since ~2015. I have 4 years exactly.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Does anyone know if time at OCS counts towards the 4 years and 1 day needed for O1E, and what the instruction is? I've been reading a lot of varying answers and haven't seen any responses since ~2015. I have 4 years exactly.
It does count, it counted for every prior I encountered while at OCS. One even rolled and was not really broken up about it because it meant they got O1E whereas their OG grad date put them 1 week shy of. I don't have the instruction handy though, I'm sorry.

bnun89

It does count, it counted for every prior I encountered while at OCS. One even rolled and was not really broken up about it because it meant they got O1E whereas their OG grad date put them 1 week shy of. I don't have the instruction handy though, I'm sorry.
Thanks! It's good to hear something more recent at least.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Thanks! It's good to hear something more recent at least.
Sure thing. That's as recent as it gets; this person is graduating with the graduation after mine, in I believe it's 1 more week. If I were at home, I'd try to find the instruction for you.

whatsup

This might be a weird question but I'm going to ask anyways. I'm hearing that being a female and a minority will give you a leg up and will help you get selected for OCS over white males. Is that true?

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
This might be a weird question but I'm going to ask anyways. I'm hearing that being a female and a minority will give you a leg up and will help you get selected for OCS over white males. Is that true?
Take your bigotry back over to 4chan. Take one look at the class pictures on Facebook and think about whether or not your inquiry makes one single shred of sense.

rymo96

At OCS are uniform sleeves and pants length able to be tailored/hemmed to to ensure a proper fit? Or are there a variety of sizes and lengths of uniforms where that will not be necessary?

Meyerkord

pilot
At OCS are uniform sleeves and pants length able to be tailored/hemmed to to ensure a proper fit? Or are there a variety of sizes and lengths of uniforms where that will not be necessary?
NWUs have different sizes and (to my knowledge) can't be altered, at least at OCS. Khakis/whites/blues also have different sizes and can be altered at the uniform shop. You'll go in as a class before each stage of OCS to get fitted for the next uniform.