• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
But, you may end up like me and a majority of everyone else in my class with ill-fitting uniforms you need to pay to fix when you get to your command. Don't settle for what they issue you once you've graduated, the need to look professional is highly important. I also did lose 30lbs and around 8" off of virtually every limb and my torso, so what was ill-fitting before looked like total trash by the time I left.

Dontcallmegump

pilot
Any recommendations on what kind of duffel bag I should bring as a lucky bag? Does it matter?

Doesn't matter. It's getting locked in a closet anyways.

If there was any consideration to be made I would say bring a bag that is sturdy, easy to identify and actually fits all your crap.

There were a surprising amount of lucky bags that were bursting at the zippers and spewing out their contents. And trust me, when the closest gets rearranged or the bags get moved people aren't exactly delicate with them. I think meyerkord even helped me clean out the both rooms looking for a single bag that had been lost in the mix and we did it with all the tender care of non union budget airline ground crews....

Scimitarze

Automated Member
What did they have in them? I thought lucky bags were just small stuff like wallets, phones, etc that could go in a backpack.

Dontcallmegump

pilot
What did they have in them? I thought lucky bags were just small stuff like wallets, phones, etc that could go in a backpack.

Anything that's contraband goes in it, or gets thrown away. It was winter when I was there so big coats and heavier clothes I guess. Some people just brought a bunch of civvies and at that time people brought extra PT shoes but weren't allowed to keep them. A couple of bags were of fleeters and had all their uniforms with them coming straight from wherever they were last. One guy even left his sea bag with all his old uniforms and we found it in the back of the storage room. Months after he left.

Tredstone03

Can I bring my car to OCS even if it isn't registered under my name? I thought I read something about this but I can't find it now.

BSchroth

What type and brand of boots are issued at OCS? I am prior service and have a pair of Belleville 300 TROP ST already broken in and still in great condition. I was wondering if I bring the boots to OCS will i be able to use them?

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Be mindful your lucky bag is also used to pack stuff into when you're graduating too.

What type and brand of boots are issued at OCS? I am prior service and have a pair of Belleville 300 TROP ST already broken in and still in great condition. I was wondering if I bring the boots to OCS will i be able to use them?
I'm not sure how to specify the style to you, but they're these:22271
If they aren't the exact same ones, you won't be allowed to wear them.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
At OCS are uniform sleeves and pants length able to be tailored/hemmed to to ensure a proper fit? Or are there a variety of sizes and lengths of uniforms where that will not be necessary?
NWUs and PTUs are not intended to be tailored, but I bet you’ll find a fit.

I only know one sailor who got his NWUs tailored and... it did not look right.

rymo96

NWUs and PTUs are not intended to be tailored, but I bet you’ll find a fit.

I only know one sailor who got his NWUs tailored and... it did not look right.
Its makes sense why NWUs and PTUs cannot be tailored. I was wondering more about khakis, whites, and blues.