• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

jakd

pilot
My recruiter said they didn't do that in OCS... oh well I can do everything else physically... I stand up quick I blackout ... so I'll just pass out it'll be fabulous
You definitely do lots of burpees, they are just particular with form and will have you do them until you get it right...

Renegade One

None
Are there awards you can get at OCS?
I imagine you still get authorized the National Defense Service Medal on day one, as long as the current period of qualification remains in effect. (Sept. 11, 2001 to a date to be determined - Terrorism attacks on the U.S./Global War on Terrorism)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I imagine you still get authorized the National Defense Service Medal on day one, as long as the current period of qualification remains in effect. (Sept. 11, 2001 to a date to be determined - Terrorism attacks on the U.S./Global War on Terrorism)

That and I believe OCS folks still do the M9 pistol shoot.

Meyerkord

pilot
Are there awards you can get at OCS?
That and I believe OCS folks still do the M9 pistol shoot.
NDSM for sure, Pistol qual most likely. Some classes get skipped because of maintenance/availability.

You can also get a NAM for being stashed in student pool against your will for 2 years (after completing OCS) and basically running certain operations behind the scenes while waiting for your security clearance. Anyone who commissioned via OCS in 2017 or 2018 knows who I'm talking about.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
NDSM for sure, Pistol qual most likely. Some classes get skipped because of maintenance/availability.

You can also get a NAM for being stashed in student pool against your will for 2 years (after completing OCS) and basically running certain operations behind the scenes while waiting for your security clearance. Anyone who commissioned in 2017 or 2018 knows who I'm talking about.

If only they could give him more than a NAM. He helped me keep my head up during the TNPQ process. 11/10 human being and probably a 12/10 naval officer.