• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Can someone tell me where the seawall is on base, I have a map but don't see it on there. The navy lodge is booked and I won't have a car so can anyone recommend another hotel on base close by to there?

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
Can someone tell me where the seawall is on base, I have a map but don't see it on there. The navy lodge is booked and I won't have a car so can anyone recommend another hotel on base close by to there?
Check in is located at Callaghan Hall

Check with Navy Gateway Inn & Suits (401) 841-7900 or Newport Chalet (401) 841-0800

More info can be found here

Looks like Navy Gateway Inn & Suites is the best option, it's right next door to Callaghan hall. However, the lady told me that since I'm on orders she could only book me at the Newport Chalet. Looking forward to the lovely stroll across Coasters Harbor Sunday morning.

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
Looks like Navy Gateway Inn & Suites is the best option, it's right next door to Callaghan hall. However, the lady told me that since I'm on orders she could only book me at the Newport Chalet. Looking forward to the lovely stroll across Coasters Harbor Sunday morning.
There's usually a few of your fellow candidates staying at the Chalet the night before as well. I was able to catch a ride with someone when I stayed there.

Jeremiahjl85

Pro Rec NFO

I'm walking from the chalet as well. Sunday is coming up fast.

James McFadden

It would be good to have you, James! I thought I had seen a forum or thread called "ask a recruiter" or similar, but just looked again and can't find it. Recruitment in the U.S. is split up into geographical districts, so where in the U.S. would you say you have the most ties? That might help narrow down which recruiting district to call. Also, look up NavyOffRec on here and shoot them a message. I hope you get some good advice and if I stumble upon that thread mentioned formerly, I'll try to get it to you.
Sláinte

thanks for your advice, I have finally got a permanent recruiter, oddly enough in Boston, so its kind of like Ireland.

go raibh maith agat!

Spookcumber

How do you prepare for 8th week inspection and getting down Appendix Charlie and pass NAV and NOS?

8th week inspection - learn at least 2 facts about each platform and you'll be fine. . .you just need a "working" knowledge. If you've made it this far, trust me you probably shouldn't be stressing too much about it.

NAV & NOS - Practice, practice, practice! There are tons of different practice questions to help get it all figured out. Also, you should have at least a handful of people in the class who pick up on it easy - ask them for help. Not to mention all of the instructors for those areas are more than willing to help you out if you are struggling. Sit towards the front of the class too if you're struggling.