• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Que3n

pilot
Is the Christmas break 1 week or 2?

I received an e-mail from my recruiter with the official Christmas leave dates/times being, 1700 on 19DEC14 through 0700 on 05JAN15.

As far as how much of that we will get to use, I don't know.. I believe we can chose either the first half or the second half, and you will go in the hole if you do decide to use leave.

Interesting that they have a class reporting 14DEC14 and 5 days later Christmas leave starts... I wonder if the first half of the leave period will even be available for that class, which I am tentatively scheduled for.

EDIT: Cap'America13 beat me to it

CodyLand

Enter custom title here
pilot
Is it true that Christmas leave does not extend the OCS length beyond 12 weeks? Put another way, does the two weeks on Christmas furlough postpone graduation by 2 weeks or do the affected classes still graduate 12 weeks after arriving at OCS?

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
How is roving like for OCS? I'm a bit nervous on screwing up and getting yelled at by staff
You'll get briefed on it while you're there, but basically you'll be walking around, making sure all the doors are locked when they need to be and no one's out after hours doing something they shouldn't be. If you see a DI/RDC, you brace the bulkhead and give the ballistic greeting of the day (except ballistics are secured between 2200-0500 when people are sleeping). If there are any other candidates in the p-way, you call "Attention on deck, standby" first, just like you would normally. But again, you'll learn all you'll need to know when you get there. The candios usually brief all the candidates on the different watches before anyone gets assigned.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
How is roving like for OCS? I'm a bit nervous on screwing up and getting yelled at by staff

You're going to get yelled at all the time. Sometimes they pick someone who hasn't taken a lot of heat yet and it is "their day" - you will screw up. You will get yelled at, and there is very little that you can do to prevent it. And even if you are doing well, they will start yelling at you because the guy next to you is sucking and you apparently aren't helping them out.

Jules_W

Fast enough that you're not last.

I felt trolled for a second but that's actually a really good answer. I'm just thinking that I am getting an outstanding at the moment for the female PRT standards, but I would like to be able to keep up with the guys so it would be helpful to me if someone can give me an average (or even minimum) 1.5 mile time that most people get and I can shoot for in my prep for OCS. Sure I'll be fast for a girl, but I'd like to be able to keep up with the guys.

LET73

I felt trolled for a second but that's actually a really good answer. I'm just thinking that I am getting an outstanding at the moment for the female PRT standards, but I would like to be able to keep up with the guys so it would be helpful to me if someone can give me an average (or even minimum) 1.5 mile time that most people get and I can shoot for in my prep for OCS. Sure I'll be fast for a girl, but I'd like to be able to keep up with the guys.
You're overthinking it. If you're routinely getting an outstanding for your age group, you're going to be fine, and you won't stand out. You can always shoot for your maximum if you need a goal with actual numbers.

Jules_W

You're overthinking it. If you're routinely getting an outstanding for your age group, you're going to be fine, and you won't stand out. You can always shoot for your maximum if you need a goal with actual numbers.

Good plan, that definitely works for me! Thank you!