• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

exNavyOffRec

What does OCS do for Christmas and New Years? I ask since I just found out I'm going 14DEC and I was wondering what to expect for that...

RUFIO had a post about that a few weeks ago, something like you will be there for 6 days then go home for some leave, then start back with OCS after the first of the year, search for his post and you will find it.

Cap'America13

OCS: Indoctrination Candidate Phase
Oddball question: I am looking into purchasing some boot socks in black before I go up there and wanted to know if you guys think any there any type of brand name socks that are the best (so far thorlo and fox river seem to have really good reviews), whether or not they should be mid-calf/over-calf, etc...? Any info would be great. Thanks.

Larick

None
Contributor
Oddball question: I am looking into purchasing some boot socks in black before I go up there and wanted to know if you guys think any there any type of brand name socks that are the best (so far thorlo and fox river seem to have really good reviews), whether or not they should be mid-calf/over-calf, etc...? Any info would be great. Thanks.
I brought both of those pairs with me when I went. Both are good and way better than the issued ones. As long as they are black they don't really care if theyre mid-calf or over.

nrodda90

SWOtivated
So I'm looking for some advice, I'm getting married in January with a tentative ship date of March 1…fiancee is still in school, has anyone been in a similar situation and have some advice or tips? Besides all the necessary paperwork, what helped you? Did you have any issues with finances? Housing is definitely a topic I'm curious about…Thank you for any help you can provide! Feel free to PM me

nrodda90

SWOtivated
Saw some reviews saying "Smartwhool" and "Bridgedail" brands are pretty good…a little pricey though, $20/$8 respectively a pair

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
So I'm looking for some advice, I'm getting married in January with a tentative ship date of March 1…fiancee is still in school, has anyone been in a similar situation and have some advice or tips? Besides all the necessary paperwork, what helped you? Did you have any issues with finances? Housing is definitely a topic I'm curious about…Thank you for any help you can provide! Feel free to PM me
I got married two weeks before my ship date. Be sure that your paperwork is all straight well before you leave or at least have a solid plane of action for getting it together. Whatever you do don't bring copies of anything, bring the ORIGINALS. Court certified of marriage cert will be fine but notary is not. Set a honeymoon date far enough from ocs report date that you get some time home with your spouse before heading out. Made a huge difference for me I think. Wife felt more committed to the future and had a better mental appraoch to me leaving than if we would have been b/f and g/f. It may suck those first couple of weeks but that first phone call after RLP will be that much sweeter. Enjoy the journey and try not to stress about dumb stuff.

nrodda90

SWOtivated
I got married two weeks before my ship date. Be sure that your paperwork is all straight well before you leave or at least have a solid plane of action for getting it together. Whatever you do don't bring copies of anything, bring the ORIGINALS. Court certified of marriage cert will be fine but notary is not. Set a honeymoon date far enough from ocs report date that you get some time home with your spouse before heading out. Made a huge difference for me I think. Wife felt more committed to the future and had a better mental appraoch to me leaving than if we would have been b/f and g/f. It may suck those first couple of weeks but that first phone call after RLP will be that much sweeter. Enjoy the journey and try not to stress about dumb stuff.
Awesome! Thanks for the information sir.

44magnum

My advice: don't get married. How does that seem like a good idea?

Jules_W

I did the same thing and am stressing the paperwork a little. Thanks for this, it is very reassuring!

I got married 3 weeks before I got here on 12OCT. I did NOT bring any of my wife's paperwork for DEERS enrolment. Sometime at week 2 I went to legal and got a free POA and went to the post office and sent it to her. She went to our local DEERS office on base and enrolled her self so I did not have to have her ID, SS card and all that other stuff. Our class did not do DEERS enrolment our first week. So if you bring their stuff prepare to hold on to it for a while before given the chance to do your business. What I did was super easy and she got her ID that next monday. You get here on sunday Jules, good luck!

Jules_W

I got married 3 weeks before I got here on 12OCT. I did NOT bring any of my wife's paperwork for DEERS enrolment. Sometime at week 2 I went to legal and got a free POA and went to the post office and sent it to her. She went to our local DEERS office on base and enrolled her self so I did not have to have her ID, SS card and all that other stuff. Our class did not do DEERS enrolment our first week. So if you bring their stuff prepare to hold on to it for a while before given the chance to do your business. What I did was super easy and she got her ID that next monday. You get here on sunday Jules, good luck!

Thank you so much, it's like you read my mind and wrote exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you, for the luck @RoadRunner!

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Does anybody know how many guests I am allowed to invite to the "hi moms" dinner and graduation ceremony. I have a handful of family members who would like to attend but wasn't sure if we're limited to a certain number. Thanks in advance.

jakejake527

Does anybody know how many guests I am allowed to invite to the "hi moms" dinner and graduation ceremony. I have a handful of family members who would like to attend but wasn't sure if we're limited to a certain number. Thanks in advance.
i would like to know this also...

WEGL12

VT-28

As many as you want to pay for. The class determines a price per person then everyone pays for the number of people they invited. I know some people that only had two guest and others had 15.