• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stats and Scores

BigL17

22/Male
Non-Prior
GPA: 2.9 (not too proud of that)
BS-Psychology
AQR/PFAR/FOFAR/OAR- 6/6/5/63
Good High PRT: 74 push ups, 72 sit ups, 10.15 1.5 run
LORs: 3 former employers.
Package submitted for September 09 rolled to October 09
1st Choice: Supply-non select. 2nd Choice: SWO-PRO-Rec

kidday03

Supply Only

26/F

Prior: USMC/5 years/Sgt
Current: Navy Reserves/YN2

OAR: 49

GPA: 3.76
Campbell University
Degree: BS/Government

Interview: CAPT, CO of Suppply Corps School. All 10's

CO's Endorsement: Very strong

LOR's: Army 0-6, Army 0-5, Navy 0-5, Former employer

Awards: JSCOM, JCOM, NAM, GC, Afghan Campaign, LOA

Strong motivational statement

Pro Rec on 28 Dec 09

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
25/M
1st Choice: SNA
2nd Choice: NFO
3rd Choice: SWO

B.S.E in Aerospace Engineering from Univ. of Michigan
Current M.S. student in Aerospace Engineering Sciences @ CU Boulder
GPA: 3.54
ASTB: 62 6/6/6
LOR: My current Advisor/Former Astronaut Candidate Finalist
My secondary Advisor/Former Astronaut & Naval Pilot
Fraternity Headquarters National President
Fraternity Regional President
Friend of mine who is a lawyer and fellow skydiver
Cousin who is an E-6 with the Air Force
Family Friend who's known me for 15 years
Interviews: CO of NRD Denver, XO who was an NFO, current O-3 who is a PAO but former NFO now at my NRD as well.
PRT: Good Medium
MEPS: Passed & Qualified

Extracurriculars: Current Chapter Advisor for the CU Chapter of my Fraternity (kind of like a house dad, but not), Advanced Math Teacher, Held many positions in college with my fraternity, Played 4 sports in high school, was captain of 2 intramural championship teams in college, B-licensed skydiver, and certified scuba diver.

Process began: February 2009
Non-select for Nuke Interviews in June 2009
Switched to SNA/NFO/SWO a week later

Submitted for SNA/NFO/SWO boards: JULY 2009
Rolled to August boards.
PRO-REC for SNA/NFO/SWO: 25 AUG 2009
FINAL SELECT: SNA - 9 DEC 2009
OCS Date: 24 JAN 2010

Trackguy

Apply SNA

24/male-5'8 152lbs.
College: UCLA
Major: Geography
GPA: 2.7
ASTB: 5/6/6-50 OAR

LOR's- Employer, ,Local Fire Captain, USN CMDR, USN LT., USN Ensign(is this worth it?)

Extracurriculars:

UCLA track and Field-scholarship
Ucla Rugby
Bruin leaders project-Certificate of Leadership
Long beach Surf Club

Highschool
Football
-All league
-3 year letter
Track and Field
-4 year letter
-2 time state finalist 4x100m

Community service:
USO volunteer
Total Youth Sport Camp volunteer

focusedftw

24 non prior UNCG grad.
4/4/3 40 1rst time
Im taking again in a month with the help of good ole study tactics stay posted for the 2nd try.

Might as well throw these up.

25 non prior
5'8" 170
BS in Communications with a 3.14
6/6/7 56 First time - Retaking in two weeks
Hoping for Excellent Medium score PRT when I can take it
LOR from JROTC Instructor Major, Retired AF Colonel pilot, HR at work, and supervisor at work (enlisted army for four years)

PRK surgery 1 month ago

Whole person:
Traveled in SA for four months
Two years in a fraternity holding positions of importance
Many intramural sports
Track and Football in HS - Captain senior year

jdhvb

why would you retake that?
I got a 45 4/4/5 and got pro rec'd for SNFO. Thats a really good score.
Might as well throw these up.

25 non prior
5'8" 170
BS in Communications with a 3.14
6/6/7 56 First time - Retaking in two weeks
Hoping for Excellent Medium score PRT when I can take it
LOR from JROTC Instructor Major, Retired AF Colonel pilot, HR at work, and supervisor at work (enlisted army for four years)

PRK surgery 1 month ago

Whole person:
Traveled in SA for four months
Two years in a fraternity holding positions of importance
Many intramural sports
Track and Football in HS - Captain senior year

GS-W

AH-1 W
Roger that. I got my weight down for my flight physical so the weight on my packet is g2g. I'll have to get it down again for tbs and then of course again for pensacola. Sux...

I feel ya! I was 185, 3% body fat, but im only 5'8, benching 385. Then for my PFT had to run 3 miles... tried it ran a 24 minutes haha. Lost 20 pounds in a month, months of hard work down the drain, but ran it in 19s, and got a 287 or something on my first pft.

Non prior male, 22
3.83 Embry Riddle, B.S. pro aero
5,6,6 50
Good letter of rec from ret Naval Aviators/SEAL
PPL W/ 115 HRS including 30 Instrument
Applied for SNA and NFO respectively
Non-select for SNA, Pro-rec for NFO in Feb 010
Passed MEPS
Awaiting FS and OCS date

hmbeagle

Non prior male, 22
6'0" 162 lbs
3.58 Accounting and Operations Management at Boston College
9/9/9 64
3 employer LORs - Senior software engineering manager at Apple, local restaurant owner from back home, current Boston College supervisor
~15 flight hours, no PPL
PRT - 120+ crunches, 61 push-ups, 7:22 1.5 mile
Applied SNA and SNFO, April boards

Extracurriculars - Captain of high school track, cross-country, and hockey teams, currently a moderately successful marathon runner, Teaching and Research Assistant for 2 prof's on campus, Resident Assistant

7 weeks....

Stoked, I raised my scores, but I am still wishing I did one point higher in the pilot score.

6/6/7 56 - first
7/7/8 63 - second

Sorry, I didn't come on here for a while. I recently moved and have been super busy. I wanted to retake the tests for two reasons.

1.) I knew I was capable of far better. With just a little bit of studying, I bumped them up. With more, and an actual guideline, I figured I could pull 8 or 9.
2.) My recruiter showed me what a competitive profile looked like, and it had 7/8/8 59. I wanted to get myself into that range. He said that the 63 was very helpful as "Even though a 59 is the highest 50 you can get, getting in the 60s puts you in a different category.

I just want to make sure I get my spot. It sounds to me like if your recruiter likes you and thinks you are a good fit, it makes all the difference in the world. He mentioned going to bat for one guy and even though it took 6 months and speaking to an admiral, it happened. I should be submitting to the May board as that will allow me to take my physical in June according to my recruiter. That way, I don't have to wait around while my 6 month time period for the eye surgery is happening.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Stoked, I raised my scores, but I am still wishing I did one point higher in the pilot score.

6/6/7 56 - first
7/7/8 63 - second

Sorry, I didn't come on here for a while. I recently moved and have been super busy. I wanted to retake the tests for two reasons.

1.) I knew I was capable of far better. With just a little bit of studying, I bumped them up. With more, and an actual guideline, I figured I could pull 8 or 9.
2.) My recruiter showed me what a competitive profile looked like, and it had 7/8/8 59. I wanted to get myself into that range. He said that the 63 was very helpful as "Even though a 59 is the highest 50 you can get, getting in the 60s puts you in a different category.

I just want to make sure I get my spot. It sounds to me like if your recruiter likes you and thinks you are a good fit, it makes all the difference in the world. He mentioned going to bat for one guy and even though it took 6 months and speaking to an admiral, it happened. I should be submitting to the May board as that will allow me to take my physical in June according to my recruiter. That way, I don't have to wait around while my 6 month time period for the eye surgery is happening.

Good Job! However, your scores were already COMPETITIVE. The board doesn’t just look at your ASTB they look at the whole person so your score maybe better but you could have probably got in with your original scores if the board liked you. So saying, “I am still wishing I did one point higher in the pilot score.” and “I just want to make sure to get my spot.” basing your entire package off your ASTB score is completely inaccurate. Your ASTB helps but it is not a guarantee by any means. Don’t believe me look at the last board when there are individuals with 8’s and 9’s across the board not getting accepted and individuals with 5’s and 6’s getting picked up. Good Luck in the May boards!

ccxc

SNA hopeful (Marines)

Non prior male, 25
6'1" 155 lbs
DEGREES
4.0 Secondary Education & Leadership
3.05 Kinesiology & History
ASTB - 5/6/5

~6 flight hours, no PPL
PFT (285)- 100 crunches, 17 pull-ups, 16:20 3 mile---Will be at 20 pull-ups soon...

Extracurriculars - Captain of high school track, cross-country, and basketball teams, ran 5 years at a DI school with all-conference honors/cross country champ/won 3 straight cross country team titles/team MVP, currently a DI cross country/track coach-3rd year

Does anyone think that this would be a competitive package for the NAVY. I am applying with the Marines right now and waiting to go get my flight physical next week. I am torn with what service to go into. I have done a lot of research and talking to various people. Any suggestions or insight would be awesome. Thanks!