• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stadium flyover... anybody?

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
I had a CO prohibit us from even discussion doing flyovers. The above examples and the resulting FNAEB's are the reason why... Cool as shit, but proves the adage "you can do anything you want on your LAST flight".
(Old Post)

Yep...it does happen! Old friend of mine, former squadron mate (x2) and one-time "roomie", looped the Golden Gate Bridge on his last flight...but was never ID'd. (A long time ago, to be sure...but not "pre-radar".) The commonly adhered to adage was..."ONE PASS ONLY"! :D

hokieav8r

~Bring the Wood!~
None
If the fly by is fully coordinated through the FAA, there will be a TFR the day of the fly by at the stadium and also the District FSDO will make the decision on the basement altitude, based on their area, # of aircraft, terrain, etc. It will only be decided by the FSDO if it is requested. But it is worth it if it's done ahead of time because they will make exceptions that fall within the regulations.

Here's my fly by for my alma mater last year, homecoming.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VNW91DwWUh4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VNW91DwWUh4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
If the fly by is fully coordinated through the FAA, there will be a TFR the day of the fly by at the stadium and also the District FSDO will make the decision on the basement altitude, based on their area, # of aircraft, terrain, etc. It will only be decided by the FSDO if it is requested. But it is worth it if it's done ahead of time because they will make exceptions that fall within the regulations.

Here's my fly by for my alma mater last year, homecoming.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VNW91DwWUh4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VNW91DwWUh4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

NICE! I can just hear the enter sandman blasting. only 2 months till my wardrobe switches completely to orange and maroon. Did you see any of the B-2 flybys, or the F-14s from wayyy back in '03? Both were pretty awesome.

hokieav8r

~Bring the Wood!~
None
NICE! I can just hear the enter sandman blasting. only 2 months till my wardrobe switches completely to orange and maroon. Did you see any of the B-2 flybys, or the F-14s from wayyy back in '03? Both were pretty awesome.

I saw the video of the B-2, heard about the F-14 fly by since it wasn't long before they were gone from the inventory. I was in Texas in 03 and went to the A&M game down there. Awesome Game! Go Hokies, Beat Bama!!!!

Hawk12

None
Being in Colorado Springs, one of the reasons to go to or look forward to an Air Force football game was the fact that each home game had some sort of flyover. It seems they make sure the rest of the city knows there is a game going on too. AF vs. Colorado State had a F-22 last year, if I recall.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I saw the video of the B-2, heard about the F-14 fly by since it wasn't long before they were gone from the inventory. I was in Texas in 03 and went to the A&M game down there. Awesome Game! Go Hokies, Beat Bama!!!!

I love where this thread went.

"I don't know what a Hokie is, but God is one of them." - Lee Corso :D

hokieav8r

~Bring the Wood!~
None
Why did you guys stay up in the stratosphere? I thought Apaches were helicopters?

I know! We kinda fell short on our goal but still waved to the pressbox junkies when we went past. I was so horribly afraid of getting an ACC flag caught in the tail wheel.

Yes, yes, the thread is jacked by the Hokies.

AirCav, it sucks, but you gotta root for some you hate every so often!

Lord knows I've done it enough over the years, but I make sure it's in places where I'm not known and I'm never caught wearing worse than neutral colors!