• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stadium flyover... anybody?

incubus852

pilot
I was at a football game of my alma mater in SoCal this past weekend and watched two hornets scream over the stadium... anybody know who gets picked from the nearest squadron to do the flyover?

I'd love to come back and do that some day.

Bolter

pilot
Navy, Marine and Air Force squadrons always get fragged for stuff like that. As far as the good ones are concerned (Super Bowl, Rose Bowl, Daytona 500, etc), it is just the right place at the right time. I've known some that have actually contacted the school or organization and initiated the process of the flyover. Either way, at some point in your career (unless you are a douche bag and no one wants to go on the road with you), you'll get several chances to do awesome shit like that.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Good Stuff, this PR. Example: NFL Super Bowl, Championship games, flyover includes VIP ticket to game, visits to locker rooms, meet players/coaches, VIP tours of facilities, visits to sidelines during game and of course invitations to the ubiquitous parties. They treat you like the hero you are.:eek::eek:

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Nobody wants a P-3 flyover. Everyone in the upper decks would be covered in soot, and the game would have to be delayed until it lumbers out of view. Oh bother.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
All the frags for flyovers have to come from higher in the MC nowadays. While you can try and work drug deals with friends or the organization, they must initiate the request with the specific POC for the Marine Corps, who in turns sends it to the appropriate wing fragger, who assigns it to the MAG/squadron. So it helps to have friends at the varying levels if you want to be the one flying it.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Nobody wants a P-3 flyover. Everyone in the upper decks would be covered in soot, and the game would have to be delayed until it lumbers out of view. Oh bother.

Come to think of it, you're right, we haven't had a P-3 yet... We've had the standard Hornets/ Super Hornets, and have even had E-2Cs, C-130s, T-34s; we've even had an E-6... but no P-3...

phrogpilot73

Come to think of it, you're right, we haven't had a P-3 yet... We've had the standard Hornets/ Super Hornets, and have even had E-2Cs, C-130s, T-34s; we've even had an E-6... but no P-3...
Back in the late '90s you had a <gasp> section of Phrogs. Of course, they came into a hover and some people fast roped to the 50...

Lawman

None
The Army does do flyovers, this one is especially cool. (Yes, I know it's a repost)

Gotta love the Task Force. Knowing 4 guys from my class that were crew chiefs with them, the stuff they can do and get away with is insane. And yes, everybody in my class would give there left nut (or boob) to fly with them.

Coota0

None
Houston, Texas Reserve Unit.

I know the Army has done fly overs at A&M also, when we played West Point the flyover was made up of West Pointers and Aggies. We even had S-3s a while back when we played Citedel and the crew was made up of alumni from both schools.

Lawman

None
lawman, do you know what city the flyover was in?

Houstan TX, by the 7-6 "Air Cav" (They lost their Cav designation). Two of my buddies here in school are actually from that unit. They were also the crazy SOB's that did the first ever extraction of personel with an Apache.

gotta_fly

pilot
Houstan TX, by the 7-6 "Air Cav" (They lost their Cav designation). Two of my buddies here in school are actually from that unit. They were also the crazy SOB's that did the first ever extraction of personel with an Apache.

Is this the story you're referring to? That's pretty incredible stuff.