• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stadium flyover... anybody?

incubus852

pilot
UCLA-USC game dec. 6th. An especially rad flyover. Air brakes on low and slow.

Go Bruins

Ah so I see someone else was there to witness it. Too bad you were cheering for the losing team... the football monopoly is over in LA my butt. :D

I wasn't sure if those hornet were from Lemoore or Miramar perhaps.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Houston, Texas Reserve Unit.

I know the Army has done fly overs at A&M also, when we played West Point the flyover was made up of West Pointers and Aggies. We even had S-3s a while back when we played Citedel and the crew was made up of alumni from both schools.
Citadel...fixed it for you...AnM

kmc9280

Looks like most people have it right. I am a wing fragger. The way the process works is, a team will fill out a request for air support that will go to headquarters Marine Corps. If it gets approved, it will be available for anyone to support unless there is a specific squadron requested. It goes on a website as available and it will be sourced if able by the wing. It isn't necessarily a local squadron. We have East Coast squadrons do flyovers allthe time as far west at Chicago.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had a CO prohibit us from even discussion doing flyovers. The above examples and the resulting FNAEB's are the reason why... Cool as shit, but proves the adage "you can do anything you want on your LAST flight".

incubus852

pilot
I had a CO prohibit us from even the discussion of doing flyovers. The above examples and the resulting FNAEB's are the reason why... Cool as shit, but proves the adage "you can do anything you want on your LAST flight".

You meant this, right?

Or did you mean discussion during flyovers?

And that is lame PC micromanagement bullcrap. Respectfully. And FNAEB=??

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
FNAEB= Fleet Naval Aviators Evaluation Board. Where they investigate you to possibly take your wings, retrain or go away from Carriers forever.

I was referencing Mumbles classic vid. I believe that guy got fried hard for multiple violations. It was the FAA & brass in the crowd along with the video that got him (along with multiple 3710 & FAA violations).

The CO just didn't want to go there. He was a great pilot, but didn't want to see anyone get fried over something like that.

incubus852

pilot
Man, I didn't realize how low he was until I watched the second vantage point... he's not much higher than the top of the stadium.

Besides being obviously too low, was it the maneuvering that got him in trouble?

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Man, I didn't realize how low he was until I watched the second vantage point... he's not much higher than the top of the stadium.

Besides being obviously too low, was it the maneuvering that got him in trouble?

Too low, too close to people, the maneuver, instilling a sense of fear, reckless... You name it, I'm sure they used the whole book. I'm not condoning anything, just telling a story from the CO.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Too low, too close to people, the maneuver, instilling a sense of fear, reckless... You name it, I'm sure they used the whole book. I'm not condoning anything, just telling a story from the CO.

I guarantee the Mids loved it. :)

Random Task

pilot
There's another flyover video someone showed me recently where the plane flew, or at least it seemed, right threw the fireworks as they went off. Anyone see this one. I think it was summer 2007.

On a related note, has anyone done any flying/advising for the film industry?