• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Nope. I have command level BOL and checked around 1630 before I left today. Believe me, the minute I see something I will run to this forum!!

I usually check my BOL about 3 times a day too even though I know that nothing is going to be there for a few weeks. I always get all excited when it loads up slow haha

fedman28

I usually check my BOL about 3 times a day too even though I know that nothing is going to be there for a few weeks. I always get all excited when it loads up slow haha

Lol I wish I had something to check ... Or should I say cumpulse over!! I just have to wait for my OR to call me witch might be a week after everyone else gets their results.

IWhopeful

That was me when I checked 3 times a day for my STA-21 application. Right when I got tired of running to the unclass computer, results posted. Here's to hoping my finishing a degree and applying for straight accession work out better.

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
I'm currently doing a semester of college to boost my gpa and have the physics in my transcripts for the March board, in case this one doesn't work out for me. (Not too mention the sweet post 9-11 BAH for the G.I. Bill.
I'm in the position where if I take any more undergrad courses TA will no longer fund any of them and GI Bill would be waisted on me as there is no double dipping BAH. I was surprised to learn this applied to masters program pre-reqs at the undergrad level as well.

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
I hate to be the Debbie Downer here, but based on what I've read on this site and others, "stats galore" or "mega stats" do not help one way or the other. I think they are looking for specific qualities vice who got what awards and had such and such GPA. I applied, and if I were to throw my stats up here, you'd probably all laugh. I do not have a technical degree. Heck, my only LORs were from two retired MCPONs. I think its fair to say its ANYONEs board. Another thread I read said that those that weren't selected from prior boards were mainly not selected due to dumb stuff...like their paperwork not being checked for dumb errors. I didn't read on there anywhere that said "did not possess the maximum number of master's degrees (sorry spazzz to pick on you, but you put it out there)."
In that case might as well throw mine out lol

PettyOfficerCJ

Yes, the July board was cancelled....... It was the May board however (which was the April board pushed back to May) where the results didn't come out until June.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
Well, if we've got folks here checking everyday, I guess I'll just check back here every so often. RUFiO is right though; it's probably not even worth messing with until October.

HM1

It seems so random. I wonder if there is just a system spitting out names based on a certain criteria.

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
It seems so random. I wonder if there is just a system spitting out names based on a certain criteria.

Haha. I'm not that skeptical, but if they really have hundreds of packages to go through to select a low number of applicants from, over a short period of time, it seems that they may establish certain minimum criteria or required parameters to filter out, at least, a bulk of the applications. That's a little scary to think about and makes me wonder if it is really a "whole person" evaluation. There are a lot of impressive accolades in this thread alone, yet many of us have very different strengths (e.g., graduated degrees, GPAs, OAR scores, military awards, etc). I'm going to keep pretending that they thoroughly look at and consider each candidate individually. As important as our military is, especially in this day and age, it's too bad that everyone who is qualified and wanting to serve (as an officer) can't have the opportunity (although I understand the logistical and philosophical reasons for not allowing everyone to serve). It's also a shame about the current state of the economy and those of use who genuinely want to serve as naval officers having to compete against individuals who just need a job or look at it as a fall back or safety net. I read another post on this site about someone (I think a SWO applicant) who dropped out of OCS after like the second week because he just felt like it wasn't for him, and the way he talked about it was as if it was just something he was trying out to see if he liked it. It was so upsetting that someone else who really wanted the Pro Rec got denied because this guy got the seat. Disappointing.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Haha. I'm not that skeptical, but if they really have hundreds of packages to go through to select a low number of applicants from, over a short period of time, it seems that they may establish certain minimum criteria or required parameters to filter out, at least, a bulk of the applications. That's a little scary to think about and makes me wonder if it is really a "whole person" evaluation. There are a lot of impressive accolades in this thread alone, yet many of us have very different strengths (e.g., graduated degrees, GPAs, OAR scores, military awards, etc). I'm going to keep pretending that they thoroughly look at and consider each candidate individually. As important as our military is, especially in this day and age, it's too bad that everyone who is qualified and wanting to serve (as an officer) can't have the opportunity (although I understand the logistical and philosophical reasons for not allowing everyone to serve). It's also a shame about the current state of the economy and those of use who genuinely want to serve as naval officers having to compete against individuals who just need a job or look at it as a fall back or safety net. I read another post on this site about someone (I think a SWO applicant) who dropped out of OCS after like the second week because he just felt like it wasn't for him, and the way he talked about it was as if it was just something he was trying out to see if he liked it. It was so upsetting that someone else who really wanted the Pro Rec got denied because this guy got the seat. Disappointing.

I can't speak for these PRO REC boards, but the ones conducted for the enlisted to commissioning program "STA-21" used precepts (a score guide) to score applications. At the end of the process an applicant would have a certain overall score. For example, and I am not saying this is exactly how they did it, but the precepts might state that a GPA of 2.5 got one point, 3.0 got two, 3.5 got three, and a 4.0 GPA was worth four points.

exNavyOffRec

There was one board several years ago where they decided if a person didn't have a GPA above X.XX that the application would not be looked at, they told NRC to just pro N them.