• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
In regards to IDC I have not seen a person get pro Y on multiple IDC designators even though they applied for multiple IDC designators, since it is one board they generally don't duplicate people in designators.

I have even seen guys selected for an IDC designator they didn't submit for.

My most recent applicant was selected for IW (first choice). He had two additional IDC preferences but they were never considered or even put on the results list since he was selected for his first choice.

fedman28

But if it's a ProRec-N on let's say IP will it move on to other designators such as IW? I think my first choice was SWO-IW due to the fact that I had a better chance at that than lets say straight INTEL.

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
How long after you got prof rec did you get any information from Bupers or your OR?
Unfortunately, when I was PRO-REC Y the BUPERS automated system was down and going through their security upgrades. All my information regarding my selection was ascertained via the OCS processors and NOPO, who is no longer here to assist...

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

But if it's a ProRec-N on let's say IP will it move on to other designators such as IW? I think my first choice was SWO-IW due to the fact that I had a better chance at that than lets say straight INTEL.

It really depends. The December 2013 IDC board ended up only reviewing IW kits with three outcomes: those who were PROREC'd YES for IW, those who weren't PROREC'd but recommended for consideration for other IDC programs at a future board, and those not selected and not recommended for future considerations.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
It really depends. The December 2013 IDC board ended up only reviewing IW kits with three outcomes: those who were PROREC'd YES for IW, those who weren't PROREC'd but recommended for consideration for other IDC programs at a future board, and those not selected and not recommended for future considerations.

I did not know that they could PRO REC applicants for other IDC options versus the ones that were applied for. I find that to be interesting. Also, it makes since that the board would not PRO REC a single applicant for multiple designators in the IDC community. It would only eat up spots that would still need to be filled.

FormerRecruitingGuru

I did not know that they could PRO REC applicants for other IDC options versus the ones that were applied for. I find that to be interesting. Also, it makes since that the board would not PRO REC a single applicant for multiple designators in the IDC community. It would only eat up spots that would still need to be filled.

You're reading this wrong. By other IDC options, I meant other IDC programs they're applying for.

spazzz

In regards to IDC I have not seen a person get pro Y on multiple IDC designators even though they applied for multiple IDC designators, since it is one board they generally don't duplicate people in designators.

I have even seen guys selected for an IDC designator they didn't submit for.
So the board may actually consider somebody for a designator that they did not list on their application? I think that is really a neat aspect of the board if that is the case.

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
not so much for IDC, they only have a few boards per year so there is always time, the crappy part is the chance of being selected goes down for those that are pro N on a previous board that haven't had a significant increase in their qualifications.
I guess I'm doing a bad job making my thoughts clear. The point I was trying to make is if you really want it, you will pursue constant self improvement which in turn will make you a better applicant. Improve your motivational statement, GPA, letters of recommendation, test scores, perhaps pursue an advanced degree which would make you better situated for specific programs. Be open minded to other programs. This is what I meant. Good luck to everyone.

fedman28

So here is the order of the designators that I put in for on this board. IP, SWO-IP, IW, SWO-IW, Intel. So hopefully one of the 5 will pick me up.

plastycx

Never Giving Up
Unfortunately, when I was PRO-REC Y the BUPERS automated system was down and going through their security upgrades. All my information regarding my selection was ascertained via the OCS processors and NOPO, who is no longer here to assist...

It seems like the only way I can get ahold of the OCS processors is through my CCC. They don't like to email me unless there is something wrong.

navyhaz

It seems like the only way I can get ahold of the OCS processors is through my CCC. They don't like to email me unless there is something wrong.

See 1420.1b page 4-13. I'm that guy who calls every other day to check the status of my kit. I'm sure they hate me since I have talked with the same two people... Don't care, this is a huge career move and plays a major role into my families quality of life. Long story short, don't be afraid to pick up the phone yourself and call everyday. This is a big deal and I'm sure those working the OCS help desk understand that.

navyhaz

I will probably do that tomorrow! Anyone else heard results from the Sep IDC board yet?

Nope. I have command level BOL and checked around 1630 before I left today. Believe me, the minute I see something I will run to this forum!!