• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

navyhaz

Being that they're also going over two cycles worth of kits because of the cancellation. I'm just trying to gauge how long it will take them to finish the entire board process. I'm probably going to be checking my BOL about 3x a day from tomorrow until the release of results anyways, but I'd rather keep myself a little on the sane side if at all possible.

I called CNRC and the board convened on time. The number of applicants ....it's well into the three digit territory. With that said expect a longer than average review periode

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
I hear ya , at least you have the option to check something on your own , I have to rely on my OR for my results. Even more nerve racking :eek: I'm sure they have several hundred packets to review, I'm not expecting results until the end of the month.
Not sure how things are these days but years ago you could count on results about 1-2 months after they met. Worst I ever saw was 6-9 months to hold a pilot board in 2011. It will happen when they are ready and no sooner. Good luck to all.

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
I called CNRC and the board convened on time. The number of applicants ....it's well into the three digit territory. With that said expect a longer than average review periode
That's why many applicants should have there reconsideration pack ready to go. The submission timeline between BOARDS can be very tight.
Many NRD's now open the investigation once the kit is submitted.
Seems like a waste of money considering the volume of applications.

exNavyOffRec

There was one board a few years ago that had 700 just for Intel, they still had it done fairly quick, they just move people to the side faster and have higher standards for taking a hard look at an application.

exNavyOffRec

That's why many applicants should have there reconsideration pack ready to go. The submission timeline between BOARDS can be very tight.

not so much for IDC, they only have a few boards per year so there is always time, the crappy part is the chance of being selected goes down for those that are pro N on a previous board that haven't had a significant increase in their qualifications.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Hopefully the board doesnt just look at the applicants first designator choice, and if it isn't an IDC option they simply toss it to the side. That would suck....

PensacolaBayou

Any superstitions you would like to share? I have had the USNA Jazz Band and Glee Clubs on a loop while I have been working in my office.

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
not so much for IDC, they only have a few boards per year so there is always time, the crappy part is the chance of being selected goes down for those that are pro N on a previous board that haven't had a significant increase in their qualifications.
I was patiently waiting for June board results when I finally asked it had been pushed to July...Then I found out in August (on the day September apps were due) they really reviewed April applications in July. So even if I had been seen by the April board and wanted to be resubmit for Sep my window of opportunity was next to none. Experience as an OR has proven to me in many scenarios that timing and repeat applications are key to being selected. Prepare now if you want it and always improve.

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
Not true. Go back to school. Chaplain, JAG, CEC, EDO, METOC, and a whole slew of MSC programs have higher age limits and better chances for selection.
Let me say I was unaware METOC was taken off the table. As for JAG, Rufio181 was correct about direct accessions i.e. those already possessing a JD it is very challenging to be picked up. JAG students program on the other hand has a much better chance at selection. I wrote four out of ND and two out of IU in one year. There is an obvious preference within JAG Accessions for great students from well ranked schools in the study of Law. Tailor your application.

exNavyOffRec

Let me say I was unaware METOC was taken off the table. As for JAG, Rufio181 was correct about direct accessions i.e. those already possessing a JD it is very challenging to be picked up. JAG students program on the other hand has a much better chance at selection. I wrote four out of ND and two out of IU in one year. There is an obvious preference within JAG Accessions for great students from well ranked schools in the study of Law. Tailor your application.

Definitely easier to get in as JAG student than JAG direct, but even as a JAG student the selection is very tight, of course we just see the results not the slew of applications they get, of course the schools in my NRD didn't have people applying so NRC had JAG personnel go around and talk to the law schools to at least to get people to apply, they were looking for the top guys.