• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
It was not really an issue for me. I told my employer about my application so if they received a phone call regarding my background check it wouldn't be out of left field. Thankfully, my employer is really understanding and supportive of my application. However, I definitely see how it could cause problems for others. My OR did ask if my employer knew I was applying...if I had told him no, he may not have contacted my employer. It sounds like an OR contacting a current employer during the application process is rare.
Your employer will have no contact with the investigators until you are professionally recommended by the board. At that time, your NRD will open your investigation, submit your physically qualified letter before a final select letter and OCS date can be given to the applicant. If your unpatriotic boss fires you for joining then they have broken the law and can be prosecuted.

fedman28

Tomorrow is the day ladies and gents, I would like to wish you all good luck. I wish there were more people involved in this thread to see what our competition is, who knows maybe all of us on this thread will get selected and end up at OCS together. Keep us posted on results ect. so I know if my OR is slacking. :confused:

exNavyOffRec

Your employer will have no contact with the investigators until you are professionally recommended by the board. At that time, your NRD will open your investigation, submit your physically qualified letter before a final select letter and OCS date can be given to the applicant. If your unpatriotic boss fires you for joining then they have broken the law and can be prosecuted.

Many NRD's now open the investigation once the kit is submitted.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Being that they're also going over two cycles worth of kits because of the cancellation. I'm just trying to gauge how long it will take them to finish the entire board process. I'm probably going to be checking my BOL about 3x a day from tomorrow until the release of results anyways, but I'd rather keep myself a little on the sane side if at all possible.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
They pulled METOC off the table, interesting, of course it was only a few people per year.

Funny enough when that happened I ran into a girl who wanted to apply for METOC. Very competitive. She ended up applying for SWO and plans on applying for a lat xfer to METOC once she gets her SWO pin.

fedman28

Being that they're also going over two cycles worth of kits because of the cancellation. I'm just trying to gauge how long it will take them to finish the entire board process. I'm probably going to be checking my BOL about 3x a day from tomorrow until the release of results anyways, but I'd rather keep myself a little on the sane side if at all possible.

I hear ya , at least you have the option to check something on your own , I have to rely on my OR for my results. Even more nerve racking :eek: I'm sure they have several hundred packets to review, I'm not expecting results until the end of the month.

PensacolaBayou

My package was sent off in May to make the ill-fated June board deadline. With the cancellation and an entire summer to receive applications, this board is going to be full. I'm hoping that I will not be too anxious for the next 3-4 weeks.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
I wonder if I will see the results from this board before I see results from the next NFO board? It seems that if there are in fact a lot of applications for this board, then the wait is going to be much longer than I first anticipated.

july_19_51_.jpg

Rickblaine22

Being that this is a "double board" of sorts (with carry over from the cancelled board) are there twice as many people competing for the slots a single board would have or are there slots allocated for both boards?

exNavyOffRec

Being that this is a "double board" of sorts (with carry over from the cancelled board) are there twice as many people competing for the slots a single board would have or are there slots allocated for both boards?

When a board is cancelled it is generally done so because there are not enough quotas to justify a board, and given that people selected Dec 2013 are waiting to go to OCS/just left, I would say it was due to low spots available.