• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

PettyOfficerCJ

That's why there's no results...... somebody accidentally put them all in the shredder......lol

(And yes, we did have a Petty Officer do that with a bunch of sailors forms for something here. When you initially arrive to the command, as a linguist, you have to fill out paperwork documenting your progress and beginning the process of requesting continued and required language training. Every week, this one PO would come down and have all the new linguist arrivals fill out the forms (This is a command with 1600 sailors, a large portion of whom are linguists). One week, he made this announcement....."If you submitted paperwork with me during the last several weeks or so (and this was a large group of sailors), you need to come redo it. I'm very sorry, but I accidentally put everyone's paperwork through the shredder."........ We all just started laughing..... If you knew this guy, it was exactly the sort of thing you could see him doing........ haha)

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
I wonder if the board is actually waiting for the SWO and Aviation results before they actually make their selections? If somebody would have said this last month (and probably did), I would not have believed it. But the fact that there is no word on the board results leads me to beleive almost anything at this point.

You can get a PRO REC Y in more than one of the designators you apply for, can't you? If this is true, the spot of any select that chooses to go with a designator other than IDC could just be rolled to the December Board.

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
You can get a PRO REC Y in more than one of the designators you apply for, can't you? If this is true, the spot of any select that chooses to go with a designator other than IDC could just be rolled to the December Board.
Yes on the first question, they've done different things in the past with unused quotas such as alternate selects. Not sure what current policy is.