• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Scooters Forever (A-4 Skyhawk Tribute Thread)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
AllAmerican75 said:
I bet that would be super scary riding .... while the guy ....landed on the carrier. Almost might be tempted to grab the stick. Must've took some cajones.
I dunno .... you'll have to ask my B/N's about that ..... :)

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cojones...why yes we had those for every trap.
090.jpg

B

Blutonski816

ghost119 said:
I know it was used as a trainer, I was just wondering why the fighter has the avionics and whatever else is in the hump, and the trainer does not have it. I just thought that if it were avionics it would somehow affect the a/c in some way.

Found this pic of an Argentine Skyhawk....
who knew...
OA4AR_C901.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Blutonski816 said:
Found this pic of an Argentine Skyhawk....
who knew...
I'll raise my hand .... I trained a few of the boys .... they were good AND motivated. I'd fly with them ....

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
*bump* *burp*

... HEY !!! It's better than anything else on here the past few days ..... !!! :)

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I too have noticed it's gotten a bit lame around here. But there are always highs and lows. Now, the A-4, that's a pretty cool plane. Wanna share any sea stories with us A4s?

B

Blutonski816

Yes, a great A/C indeed, from the old-timers like A-4s, to the not so old guys who went to the boat in a TA-4.... I envy you all...

although I've managed to get some sweet pics of one of the few Skyhawks still flying ACM today...
Here

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
And all the baby chicks, hoping to someday don their own wings, gather round old mother cluck, peeping incessantly for another story...

Hey, A4's, you got minute for a bed time story about Heinemann's Hot Rod? :D ;)

pittflyer

This is why I can't get into Grad School
pilot
Not to interupt the begging of sea stories from Grandpa Pettibone, but I was at the Rino Air Races this past year, (Unbelievable, seat of your pants, crazy flying btw,) and was wondering if an A-4 could enter in the 'Jet class' with that? Anyone know the regs on it? She'd be one sweet hot rod zipping around the course and a great bird if any of those civilan/old military jocks wanted to let her run.

pittflyer

This is why I can't get into Grad School
pilot
Errr....that would be Reno with an "e" not an "i" ....I get my vowels mixed up from time to time.

NavyLonghorn

A mind so pure with thoughts of flying.. that instead of seeing it as a music video.. he saw it as a video with the Blues, and some pesky noise in the backround.