• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Scooters Forever (A-4 Skyhawk Tribute Thread)

81montedriver

pilot
last post here

I would imagine that once the expected dogpile is complete wou will :

1. Take all the criticism and recommendations like a man.

2. Apologize to all those who you were a douchebag to.

3. Provide your A-4 sim model free of charge to all who wish to try it out.

Once those are complete and the last of the dogpile has said their piece, you have made strides in the right direction to remain a member of the forum. You just need to understand this is not your typical forum and there are certain things expected of you. One of them being RESPECT.

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
I'm forever jealous walking past the static TA-4J they have parked on the flight line here..that jet looks like it was loads of fun to fly. Not to mention flying a real combat jet WITH A GUN in the TRACOM.

Everyone speaks so fondly of the airframe. I wonder what it would fly like with modern instrumentation, a up to date engine, and modern construction materials...

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I can't figure out how to banhammer with this software, so I just levied so many infractions (100+ I think) that expire in 21 years that it had the same effect.
You have to use the spam link. When I tried that, it said no such user so I thought you got him.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Everyone speaks so fondly of the airframe. I wonder what it would fly like with modern instrumentation, a up to date engine, and modern construction materials...

That's what the Sings did. Gutted a bunch of old Israeli Scooters, put in an F-16 motor and modern avionics. Fuckers must've been goddamn hot rods.

Who bought those up, anyway? I heard the French got them?

MasterBates

You have to use the spam link. When I tried that, it said no such user so I thought you got him.

I miss the old Mod software... Yeah, I know Xenforo is easier on the admin side, but it was so much more fun with creative banhammering on the old software. You know, like locking peoples accounts so they can't cover their tracks and then making them have a unicorn and rainbow avatar.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
There was a TA-4J out front of the NAS Pensacola O-club into the late 1990s or so. I fondly remember looking at it in the dark during those 0500 formation runs... and then snapping back to reality of course :)

jmcquate

Contributor
Why is it that when I read stuff like this all I can think of is some douche who's still living in his mom's basement?
No, just a product of the “self esteem” generation. No winners, no losers, score is not kept, grades are inflated. I deal with these little assholes every day at work, coming to my office to complain about something passing over their boss’s boss. I'm 47 and still respect and learn from those who have been before me.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
No, just a product of the “self esteem” generation. No winners, no losers, score is not kept, grades are inflated. I deal with these little assholes every day at work, coming to my office to complain about something passing over their boss’s boss. I'm 47 and still respect and learn from those who have been before me.

I absolutely HATE the way things are for kids these days - sports, school, everything. In the real world there are winners and losers, there are consequences for not performing...society needs a reboot - lets get back to raising winners and not whinners...

ryan1234

That's what the Sings did. Gutted a bunch of old Israeli Scooters, put in an F-16 motor and modern avionics. Fuckers must've been goddamn hot rods.

Who bought those up, anyway? I heard the French got them?

Word on the street was that the 404s in those older, but refurbed, B model airframes had a few structural problems... last I heard that fleet is still in France. Also I think the Israelis had E/F models.. which were redesigned H.. I believe that the 404 would only fit in older J65 style birds such as the A/B. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

The Kiwis are really were it's at :D