• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Scooters Forever (A-4 Skyhawk Tribute Thread)

Fallonflyr

pilot
Correction, 28 MIG-21BIS from Poland. Not the full Bison upgrade, but most of it (radar, RWR). That was straight from the Horse's mouth this afternoon, aka CAPT Snodgrass. He also said the MIG's and A-4's would be full up at the merge, vs ATAC's 180 limit. Baller
Pretty cool that Snort found a rich kid that will let him spend his money.

MasterBates

The real question, is how do you get a job there?

I can portray a gomer jet pilot real well. Ask any of my instructors at Kingsville.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
CAPT Snodgrass said he'd be looking for mostly Hornet patch wearers. No idea if he would actually find enough of those to fill the demand, but I got the feeling that he at least wanted hornet guys who know our tactics and the other classified details pertaining to the blue air side. Perhaps E-2 experience would be enough, no idea though

MasterBates

Based on how E-2 experience has worked with getting any flying jobs not involving the E-2D or Customs P-3s.. gonna say probably not.

ryan1234

They might have some impressive capabilities in the future, even their own website makes it clear that they don't have much actually flying yet. I'll believe it when I see the birds in the air.

Their current flying fleet is bigger than ATACs...having worked for and flown with them, I can tell you that they have all their ducks in a row...unlike most aspiring red air companies. I understand the skepticism...many have tried only to be blocked by the FAA or State Dept.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You've got my vote Zip! Where (city) was that photo taken?:D
BzB

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You've got my vote Zip! Where (city) was that photo taken?:D
BzB

Aha, looks like you're near or over the Goat Island (Isla de Cabras) initial? Made many a Weps Det. to Roosy, pounding the crap outta the Vieques ranges out of VA-44.:)
BzB

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Been awhile since anyone posted here, so............was in the vicinity of NAS Ft. Worth today and stopped by. The A-4M on display is all painted up nice and shiny. The BUNO sounded familiar so I looked it up. Yep, got a few hours in it. Now I'm starting to feel old.

A-4M.JPG

BUNO.JPG

Logbook.JPG

navyao

Thought I'd post this short vid I took of Paul Wood's vintage A-4B launching from NMKE on 22 June. The a/c was here for the Milwaukee Air & Water Show which was a total wash due to weather. It painted to represent aircraft BuNo 148609, an A-4C flown by LCDR Ted "T.R." Swartz, of VA-76, operating from USS Bon Homme Richard (CVA-31) during the Vietnam War. On May 1, 1967, LCDR Swartz shot down a MIG-17 over North Vietnam with an unguided ZUNI rocket. This was the only air-to-air kill by a Skyhawk during the Vietnam War, or so the web page says...

navyao

Thought I'd post this short vid I took of Paul Wood's vintage A-4B launching from NMKE on 22 June. The a/c was here for the Milwaukee Air & Water Show which was a total wash due to weather. It painted to represent aircraft BuNo 148609, an A-4C flown by LCDR Ted "T.R." Swartz, of VA-76, operating from USS Bon Homme Richard (CVA-31) during the Vietnam War. On May 1, 1967, LCDR Swartz shot down a MIG-17 over North Vietnam with an unguided ZUNI rocket. This was the only air-to-air kill by a Skyhawk during the Vietnam War, or so the web page says...

Also, a somewhat crappy photo at the hold short; I only had my iPhone...

10390226_10152068658076582_775293437351217917_n.jpg