• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Return to OCS after DOR?

AppelCU

I know I'm going to get crap for this, but if you DOR at OCS, regardless of the reasons, how if at all can you get back in?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Dude. I'm sorry, but basically the way it was told to us....you're done. Are you really thinking of going back??

tiger84

LT
pilot
I know I'm going to get crap for this, but if you DOR at OCS, regardless of the reasons, how if at all can you get back in?

Just don't DOR. If you want it bad enough you'll push through the pain. The people that tend to DOR don't really want to be there in the first place for whatever reason.

As for your question, I imagine it would be a long, hard battle to make it back to OCS unless your situation was extremely out of the ordinary. Either way, this is a bad way to even look at OCS. Just sack up and get it done and don't worry about what ifs.

AppelCU

Very good points, all of you, but I really just want to know if it is even possible and if so, what are the necessary steps? all I can really say that when I reported to OTCP in June, I was neither physically nor mentally ready for what I was in for. If you want to know more, PM me.

I don't care why you DOR'd...but yes you can get back in...it does happen.

It also depends on the reasons why you left.

tiger84

LT
pilot
Very good points, all of you, but I really just want to know if it is even possible and if so, what are the necessary steps? all I can really say that when I reported to OTCP in June, I was neither physically nor mentally ready for what I was in for. If you want to know more, PM me.

I didn't realize this wasn't a hypothetical. Anyway, I'm not going to tell you it can't happen because I don't know if you can make it back in or not. Just make sure you actually want it bad enough to make it through. Otherwise you're wasting the Navy's time and money. Good luck with whatever you end up deciding to do.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
For voluntary "high-risk training" I believe you are not allowed to return for a period of 2 years following a DOR. I think that can be found in the NPDCINST 5100.1 but my memory could be serving me incorrectly.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Yeah, if you need some motivation if you get selected again, ask some of the other candidates if they are in BDCP. They will literally give 60,000 reasons not to DOR.

bb1125

None
If you were on the board, would you give yourself another shot? You already took one spot in OCS over plenty of people that would have gladly fought through it if they were given the chance. I'm sure you could re-apply, but I would venture to say you don't have much of a chance. On a lighter note, I have heard that the Army has been taking OCS attrites and DOR's left and right, so give them a call.

tiger84

LT
pilot
If you were on the board, would you give yourself another shot? You already took one spot in OCS over plenty of people that would have gladly fought through it if they were given the chance. I'm sure you could re-apply, but I would venture to say you don't have much of a chance. On a lighter note, I have heard that the Army has been taking OCS attrites and DOR's left and right, so give them a call.

That's very true. A guy who attrited from my OCS class wound up going Army OCS. Who knows if he made it through, but we'd probably be better off if he didn't.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
The Army gives a commission to anyone with a pulse at this point. Not a hit, but it's the God's honest truth. We had a few guys who washed out of NROTC my 2nd class year. They transferred over to AROTC, and were sworn in on full contracts within about three months. I think they lead convoys in Iraq now, but they got their commission!

utak

That's very true. A guy who attrited from my OCS class wound up going Army OCS. Who knows if he made it through, but we'd probably be better off if he didn't.

I know who you are talking about. He's a turdburglar. He maintains a blog where he cries about how much Navy OCS sucks, and how the Army is so much better, and he even lists himself as "Sergeant" cause Officer Candidates are automatically E-5s.

utak

Do you think he'll get mad if people would post "Do you still jackoff in the bathrooms while you are at Army OCS?" responses? :icon_tong