• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Racism in the Military

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Oh FFS . . . grab the rope and climb back up the slippery slope, please. What's next, cancelling Star Trek?
Well, there was that one really really awkward episode in the first season of Next Generation.

SlickAg

pilot
Oh FFS . . . grab the rope and climb back up the slippery slope, please. What's next, cancelling Star Trek?

f29.png
Did you click on the link...?

And based on the article that I read today about the movement to replace our national anthem with “Imagine” by John Lennon, I’d say at this point, yes, anything is possible.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And based on the article that I read today about the movement to replace our national anthem with “Imagine” by John Lennon, I’d say at this point, yes, anything is possible.
YHGTBFSM. You read an article. Great. Are you that gullible to think that's at all feasible?

SlickAg

pilot
YHGTBFSM. You read an article. Great. Are you that gullible to think that's at all feasible?
You never answered my original question about the Enterprise. He was pointing out the fact that there was a slave ship that shared the same name.

Activists tore down and decapitated a statue of an abolitionist who died fighting for the Union. Between that and recent events in your city, yes, I now think that renaming that ship is totally feasible.

In February of 2020, I would have said no.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

f29.png
And we have not seen a ridiculous expansion of goals and demands over the last few weeks? We are witnessing the slippery slope. I don't know the problem with accepting this very natural human tendency let alone the strategy of incrementalism. In another context you might call it "mission creep".

If the history of the slaver Enterprise was widely known I guarantee there would be calls to change the name of CVN-80. I don't think it likely to happen. I was making a point. But none of us would have believed the asinine demands and actions considered worthy of national attention today, a month ago.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
LOOK OUT! FAIR TREATMENT FOR ALL AMERICANS!!! AHHHH!!!!
OK...OK...the day EITHER political party works toward that goal will never happen. Keeping someone weak and unhappy is in both of their absolute interest.

johnboyA6E

None
LOOK OUT! FAIR TREATMENT FOR ALL AMERICANS!!! AHHHH!!!!

for ALL?

California legislature just passed a ballot measure that would amend the state constitution to eliminate the following:
"California shall not discriminate against or grant preferential treatment to any individual or group on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin"

yes, they want to REPEAL that language

SlickAg

pilot
YHGTBFSM