• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Protesters Climb onto F/A-22 Raptor @ Oceana Airshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
They could have at least taken their shoes off before they went stomping around up there. That's the problem with hippies they get everything dirty!

There are several "NO STEP" areas on wings. If they dented one of these areas, the taxpayers should bill these clowns for any damage. It won't be cheap either.

Otherwise, I hope the protesters purchased some Blue Angel memorabilia, some $4 pizza slices and enjoyed the jet truck performance....

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 38

Huggy Bear

pilot
sp902_Die_Hippy_Die.jpg

Die Hippies Die!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Pesky 1st Amendment........Could be charged with trespassing?

True, forgot about that one since it's a public show. I suppose they could always claim ignorance that "they didn't know you shouldn't be up there."

@Greg:

Our SOP said you had to stay w/ the aircraft when open, otherwise you could leave it unmanned as long as you prevented means to get in it. I think part of the issue is that it's easier to climb into a helo at 2 feet above the ground than a jet that's 8+ feet above the ground w/ a hydraulic/electrical canopy.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
The climbing on the aircraft will probably have legal implications that they, as adults, have chosen to deal with.
\

I would wholeheartedly agree with your view that its hard to be too upset with them etc...and that they as adults made a choice to accept the consequences of their actions...however, three and some change years ago when I reported to Cornell, there was a similar circumstance.

Four people came into the army recruiting station in Ithaca (might have been MC) and sprayed their own blood which they had saved all over the office. In addition they tore down an American Flag etc...The recruiter held his fists thank god...

This case tied up local, state and Federal courts for 2 years. Why you may ask? Because the idiot protesters (They became known as the St. Patrick's Day 4) hired mobs of lawyers and appealed several times that they were within their first amendment rights to conduct illegal protests since Bush had engaged us in "an illegal war".

These people do not simply go and pay their fines etc...And while I respect their ability to express their views and how passionately they hold them, by and large they are a drain on society...nothing more. Get passionate about helping Iraqi children or the homeless or....

Here is a link to a bit of the story. Pay no attention to the source...it is a left "grassroots type paper." http://www.commondreams.org/views05/0317-32.htm

Here is the St. Patty's Day four (the individuals) website...
http://www.stpatricksfour.org/

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
\

And while I respect their ability to express their views and how passionately they hold them, by and large they are a drain on society...nothing more. Get passionate about helping Iraqi children or the homeless or....

That's my feelings towards it too. Be a proactive hippie and not a reactive one. Stop whining about how bad things are and start focusing on how to make things better. Proactive hippies don't really bug me as much.

I may not believe in what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. Or something like that.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...that they as adults made a choice to accept the consequences of their actions...
The irony is so thick, it's almost hilarious. I agree with your statement though. Glad to see you finally came around.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Shoes? We are talking about hippies right?

Yeah..these guys were from the air arm of Greenpeace...they get white sneakers...

The guys on the Greenpeace boats get to where the coveted black ones...

Glad to see you finally came around.

Hey...stupid people are stupid...I call em like I see em...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Again, basic logic. What was your first reaction??

a) "Oh, there's only three people on the plane. Maybe if it were a few more, I'd decide to have a problem with it. Maybe"

b) "These people are an embarassment to those of us who choose to serve our country"

I'm sorry, but their behavior is inexcusable, and I'm amazed that anyone would actually quibble over the number who conduct themselves in this way.

The obvious isn't how many there are. The obvious is the stupidity of the people who do this.

Punish them for what they did, I agree. But I am not the one who quibbled over the number or overreacted to it.......

"I counted about 10 (conservative estimate). Oh wait, I was actually there.".......Originally Posted by TurnandBurn55

Seriously, it was a couple of hippies who climbed up on a fighter at an air show, not the end of the world. It is not like this is the first or last time that this has happened. Plus, it is not like they are throwing taking an axe to the plane, and that has been done before.

I often times walk protestors on my way into work, they are common sight at the Pentagon. Does it bother me? No, I just ignore them and walk past :sleep_125. When one of them confronts a coworker on his first day and starts yelling him then I have a problem. It is part of life in this country, people have a right to express tehmselves. If you do so illegally then you should be punished, as these peopl eprobably will be. But to get really angry about it is kind of useless, what good is it going to do :confused:? Let it go.......

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
As for the name change with the Raptor...it was done when the bean counters moaned that the Raptor because it had a "f" by its number would only have one mission. So the knuckleheads in the air force got together, spent about 12 days of per diem in Hawaii, took three days off for crew day, and then just put an "a" after that. And then...shazaam, it's a multi-role fighter...Gotta love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.